Only trained malware specialists are allowed to reply in this forum .
Before you post please read this .
1. If you don't have third party firewall installed, make sure, Windows firewall is ON:
- Windows XP, and Windows Vista/7 - Go Start>Control Panel. Double click Windows Firewall.
2. If you have an antivirus program, make sure, it's up to date. Run a full scan.
If you don't have any antivirus program installed - download, and install ONE of these:
- Avast free antivirus: http://www.avast.com...avast-home.html
- Avira free antivirus: http://www.free-av.c...load/index.html
Update it. Run a full scan.
NOTE. If any of the programs listed below refuses to run, try renaming executive file to something else; for instance, rename mbam.exe to scanner.exe
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware: http://www.malwareby...lwarebytes_free
to your desktop.
(Malwarebytesis free to use as a manual scanner. Payment is only required if youwish to have it run and update automatically which is not necessary for our purposes)
***VERY IMPORTANT! Make sure, you update Malwarebytes before running a scan.***
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
* Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
* Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.
* Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
* Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
* GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)
* If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.
* Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
* When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.
* Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.
* Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.
IMPORTANT! If for some reason GMER refuses to run, try again.
If it still fails, try to UN-check "Devices" in right pane.
If still no joy, try to run it from Safe Mode.
Download http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A %2F%2Fpublic.avast.com%2F~gmerek%2FaswMBR.htm&rct= j&q=aswMBR&ei=JrsMTu2rNsnY0QGbmri8Dg&usg=AFQjCNHnw 3Hw950L9-y0MuUr9MJnwLcJCg&cad=rja
to your desktop.
Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.
Click the "Scan" button to start scan:
On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply:
Please, download DDS and save it to your desktop.
* Disable any script blocking protection (if present)
* Double click the dds icon to run the tool.
* When done, DDS will open two logs:
* Save both reports to your desktop by clicking File>Save As in each log.
Include the contents of both logs in your new topic. The scan will instruct you to post Attach.txt as an attachment. No need for that though ..... just post it's contents as you would any other log.
Start a new topic and provide following logs:
* Malwarebytes (MBAM)
* DDS(2 logs)
make any other changes to your computer (like installing programs,using other cleaning tools, etc.), until it's officially declared clean!!!