What’s Cookin

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep it up and you will be growing on it.

You’re not kiddin.

I’ve been doing intermittent fasting with a few extended fasts sprinkled in here n there for the past couple years. Lost a solid 60 pounds doing that. Since moving back to Phoenix in January I’ve also been walking about 6 miles a day, 3 miles when I get up and start my day and another 3 within an hour after eating dinner.

I’m hovering in the 170’s right now and my wife likes it. She says I’m too bony when I’m thinner. Lowest I’ve gotten down to is 163 and everybody says I looked too skinny and my skin looks like it’s hanging off of me. I felt good at the lower weight though and would like to get back down into the 160’s on a regular basis without looking like I’ve got something wrong with me. Problem with that is I’ll prolly have to cut out cookies n ice cream to make that happen.

Went in the Navy at 145, got married and was discharged at 185, got divorced 18 years later at 205, got married again and went to 290 and am at 264 now and holdiing. Did do a diet a couple years ago and lost 40 but it came back with a few friends.

Went in the Navy at 145, got married and was discharged at 185, got divorced 18 years later at 205, got married again and went to 290 and am at 264 now and holdiing. Did do a diet a couple years ago and lost 40 but it came back with a few friends.
Since I have been sick the last couple months, I have gone from 250 (same as when I was working) down to 234. Makes me feel weak and nothing fits.Last time I was this low was about 12 years ago when I walked 6 miles a day.

Nice discipline C.J. Last time I was 170 was after the divorce in 2008. It also coincided with taking the gluten free diet seriously, and I lost 45 lbs in one year 👍
I’m now 205 thanks to gluten free bagels , beer 😂 AND ! Thanks to you, butter pecan ice cream tonight 🤤 Two scoops in a cup, only 6.29 😜 😡 …. I’m not disciplined enough for intermittent fasting.

marshmallos.jpg

You’re not kiddin.

I’ve been doing intermittent fasting with a few extended fasts sprinkled in here n there for the past couple years. Lost a solid 60 pounds doing that. Since moving back to Phoenix in January I’ve also been walking about 6 miles a day, 3 miles when I get up and start my day and another 3 within an hour after eating dinner.

I’m hovering in the 170’s right now and my wife likes it. She says I’m too bony when I’m thinner. Lowest I’ve gotten down to is 163 and everybody says I looked too skinny and my skin looks like it’s hanging off of me. I felt good at the lower weight though and would like to get back down into the 160’s on a regular basis without looking like I’ve got something wrong with me. Problem with that is I’ll prolly have to cut out cookies n ice cream to make that happen.
Are you 4 feet tall😱

Don't know if I mentioned this. My 28 year old son is autistic. A couple years ago he weighed 409. He decided to cut out pop and fast food. Today he weighed 203.
That's in incredible loss.
I've been lucky. 225 or 227 was probably my max. I've been 210 to 216 almost forever.
When I hit 225 I didn't feel good. I got down to 212 and felt noticeably better. Those extra 13 lbs came on relatively fast as I recall.
It's strange that losing so few bounds was noticeable.
Food has never been a focus for me. If hungry I eat something..... If not..... I'll live.
I do have cereal and a yogurt for breakfast routinely. Dinner is often a sandwich or a Marie Calendar meal.
Lunch? 🤔 Sometimes, but more often just a Snickers or whatever gets me till dinner.

Don't know if I mentioned this. My 28 year old son is autistic. A couple years ago he weighed 409. He decided to cut out pop and fast food. Today he weighed 203.

I had to make several changes along the way to get to where I’m at now. I think the change that has had the biggest impact is I only drink water, black coffee or unsweetened iced tea. No diet soda, no Gatorade Zeros, no nothin. None of that.

I dropped the sugar on coffee a couple years ago. It's easy to add more or soon it onto cereal.
I don't have any on the house.
With that burden of my chest.
..... I buy cookies instead. 😁
I'm pretty much water too, a soda once in a while. I squirt some orange/tangerine flavoring stuff in my water bottle now and then.

It’s gotta be rough for those out there who are gluten free. Every so often they have gluten free desserts here and they’re like eating a brick. Is that cake or is it a presto log? I’ll bet it lights easier than it chews.

It’s gotta be rough for those out there who are gluten free. Every so often they have gluten free desserts here and they’re like eating a brick. Is that cake or is it a presto log? I’ll bet it lights easier than it chews.

That’s why they’re giving them away… Gluten deserts for free 😜 bu-dump bump.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back