0wens

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Some custom stained 3"×5/8"×Rl rift sawn up to 8 ft length.
There's like 96 rows in this old master bedroom. Glued down with Bostik Greenforce.

20171027_140444.jpg

20171027_140455.jpg

20171023_152649.jpg

I only have one question......... where'd ya get that vacuum hose? and how long is it?
OK, OK, two questions. :D
That's really nice lookin work. Random length? What brand of tape do you use? I've heard 3m blue is bad for floors. Not that it's leaves residue, but has a photo chemical reaction or some plasticizer migration issues.
OK, so now I'm up to 4 questions, so shoot me. :D

I only have one question......... where'd ya get that vacuum hose? and how long is it?
OK, OK, two questions. :D
That's really nice lookin work. Random length? What brand of tape do you use? I've heard 3m blue is bad for floors. Not that it's leaves residue, but has a photo chemical reaction or some plasticizer migration issues.
OK, so now I'm up to 4 questions, so shoot me. :D

The hose is from dustless technologies, about 15ft.

Random length from one foot to 8ft, lot's of longer lengths

I only use 3m blue 2080 on the last rows i work on top of after strapping. I pull it immediately as soon as i hit the wall.

Whats left for next week. I did two other large walkin closets as well. Plus 3 1/2 hours of grinding/profiling.

20171025_140746.jpg

20171025_103832.jpg

The hose is from dustless technologies, about 15ft.

Random length from one foot to 8ft, lot's of longer lengths

I only use 3m blue 2080 on the last rows i work on top of after strapping. I pull it immediately as soon as i hit the wall.
That's got to be 25 feet if it's an inch. I demand a remeasure.

Last edited:
Two questions....... :D
On a room that size and with that size board do you do clamps on every row, or a couple rows at a time before snugging them up?
How many clams would you have set up when doing a room that size?
That seem like a lot of clamping and adjusting while at the same time, never getting glue on the clamps or straps as you work.

High, I have about 12 clams. :)
Had about six going and strap after setting 5 or six rows. Then spread glue, unclamp. Repeat.

Latest posts

Back