2003 Chevy Express Hvac problem

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSLI

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pro
Should I attempt this ? Symptoms are every other day the controls stop working. YouTubed it and it looks like something I may actually be able to handle, especially since my mechanic is booked up. I was going to start with changing out the Resister but maybe should replace the blower motor also. Any advise from experience ? Thx !

I would test the blower motor first. If you can get to just run a hot and a ground to the two terminals. I don't where the motor is on that year.

Should I attempt this ? Symptoms are every other day the controls stop working. YouTubed it and it looks like something I may actually be able to handle, especially since my mechanic is booked up. I was going to start with changing out the Resister but maybe should replace the blower motor also. Any advise from experience ? Thx !
I have that issue where this switch wasn't working and I found that if I wiggled my ignition switch a tiny bit the blower would come on. It's just a contact in the ignition switch.
There may also be a relay switch that is defective.
What all is it doing and not doing.
Is it intermittent?

It has never kicked on while the engine was running. Just hit or miss. I wiggled and jiggled the ignition but nothing. Also, the first two fan speeds (low / Med. ) haven’t worked for years.
I would test the blower motor first. If you can get to just run a hot and a ground to the two terminals. I don't where the motor is on that year.
motor is accessible but my skills are limited 😞

I have a 2013 express 3/4 ton extended.
I feel like I remember replacing the fan speed knob a while back for similar issues.
There's a snap in trim piece on the dash that once you remove, there's just a bunch of screws holding your knobs on.

16463102906558822816789195200544.jpg
This is the knob I replaced about 8 years ago. First I lost low fan speed, then the medium and finally the last two wouldn't do anything intermittently. Sometimes It would work sometimes not. Changed it out and bingo, back in biz.

Latest posts

Back