3/4" solid on concrete

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I been through their tour when they were making a decent product . Since they start pushing it at Lowes .
Oh Well .

Ernesto,

You covered your bases, and that's the most important thing! Just today we had an installer refuse to lay a hardwood floor because they wanted it to be floated (not my job, thank goodness) and he flat refused. Gotta love the old pros!!

Tia

Floating has it's place for a number of resaons besides the high cost of gluing. Thats just silly to refuse a job because you will only do naildown. Must be nice to refuse work because it's not a naildown or even gluedown. I know I can't afford to turn down work.

And also, a recessed slab is not considered to be below grade.

Floating has it's place for a number of resaons besides the high cost of gluing. Thats just silly to refuse a job because you will only do naildown. Must be nice to refuse work because it's not a naildown or even gluedown. I know I can't afford to turn down work.

And also, a recessed slab is not considered to be below grade.

Aww, man ~ I wasn't trying to start a debate, because there are enough of those in other flooring forums ... not that I anticipate one here, because we can always work anything out in my world! :D

In any case, there were several viable reasons why floating of the wood in the previously described situation was not the right decision, and I really do respect any installer turning down work if it has the potential to bite him in the seat of his shorts later. The job did end up being done by stapling, btw, the customer was convinced of the reasons floating wasn't the right option.

I understand not wanting to turn down work because you need the money, but would you really do a job if the conditions were not appropriate for that installatiion? Then suffer larger later? Or, would you just do it, collect, then not take any responsibility when it failed?

On the recessed slab - you need to keep in mind conditions where you live in comparison to those where I live ~ there is such a thing here as a frost point on the earth level, which dictates what is and is not considered to be "below grade".

Talk to ya later!
Tia

Latest posts

Back