'85 Ford van

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Finally started work on it. 351 only has 122,000, so not rebuilding it. 4 BBL card is rebuilt, new valve cover gaskets. Next will be to tear off the running boards, fiberglass is rotten. Most of them did not have any.
Then fix the passenger side electric window, redid the driver's side a few months back.
Not much body work to do. One rust hole and a dent in the hood. Looking for a hood, they used the same one for about 10 years.
Work will be slow, it is already around 100 heat index in the afternoons. I had a heat stroke once, so I have to be careful.

Finally started work on it. 351 only has 122,000, so not rebuilding it. 4 BBL card is rebuilt, new valve cover gaskets. Next will be to tear off the running boards, fiberglass is rotten. Most of them did not have any.
Then fix the passenger side electric window, redid the driver's side a few months back.
Not much body work to do. One rust hole and a dent in the hood. Looking for a hood, they used the same one for about 10 years.
Work will be slow, it is already around 100 heat index in the afternoons. I had a heat stroke once, so I have to be careful.
Your weather sure goes from cold wet crap to hot crap quickly. 122 thousand is still young.

long way to go. But it runs great. still have all the interior stuff, but since it is a work van, that won't get put back until I retire it.

003.jpg

Just put new ones on my van. Only had 70,000 miles on them . the treads looked like new , but the sidewalls were dry rotting ..

Latest posts

Back