A forest of Saguaros

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Instead of trees...
FB_IMG_1564106265881.jpg

It's a felony to shoot or vandalize, move one without a permit even if it's on yoru property They have to be tagged as well. So if you get caught without a tag on the saguaro you get arrested and fined.

It's a felony to shoot or vandalize, move one without a permit even if it's on yoru property They have to be tagged as well. So if you get caught without a tag on the saguaro you get arrested and fined.
Is that your image? Curious what the lighting comes from............ because it's really good.
When I was 21 or 22ish I went with a neighborhood friend to the Anza Borrego desert in southern Cal. Was close to Borrego Springs. His aunt and uncle owned a few hundred acres and was selling it to the government to add to the Anza Borrego State Park.
My buddy was a real green thumb and his aunt knew it. She called and said they were selling the property and before they agreed to sign any papers, he could come down and get so cacti from their property.
We made the trip in his Datsun pickup and filled it to over the bed height and covered it with a plastic tarp for the return trip. I think it was 1100 or 1200 miles or so.
Permit? Permit? ....we never thought about getting a stinkin' permit.:D
........or something signed by his aunt. ...probably should have but we made it home without any problems. This all came from their front "yard" if you can call it that. There was a barrel cactus about 18 inches in diameter any about that high and another large one that's got a cross section like a star fruit. It was about 6 inches in diameter and grew to 4 feet tall. He put sunglasses and a baseball hat on it and called him Bob.
Fun trip. On the way back we stayed at my aunts place in San Jose. She surprised us with tickets to a concert at Candlestick Park with The Who and the Grateful Dead. That was pretty fun......and LOUD!
Fun trip. Brought back two tarantulas and made up a terrarium........... one killed the other and the winner lived for a year and a half.

Last edited:
Not my image. Was taken with telephoto lens that compressed the saguaros. Not sure about the light source.

Not my image. Was taken with telephoto lens that compressed the saguaros. Not sure about the light source.
It's just lit up so well and even side to side. Usually the foreground gets way overexposed and the background is too dark. The lighting intensity skips over the foreground like it's lit up from way overhead. It's just a good image. All it's lacking is a pair of coyote eyeballs lit up way in the background.

Latest posts

Back