A Gauntlet, Thrown!

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greyhoundmama

Here I am, still wanting to replace all our floors here in Florida with Brazilian Cherry Engineered. I sent for Owen samples and placed them in direct sun, they are darkening gorgeously and are holding up to vinegar dips, hard sole shoe traffic and have not yet dented under furniture legs. But we have 4 beloved Greyhounds in the family. (They're Retired Racers, 45 mph outside but mannerly couch potatoes in house.) I'm pretty good with nail trims but you never know... it is a large investment to chance scratches.

OK all you wood floor manufacturers out there, step up. Most Americans love their dogs. In 2014 / 2015, can't we have wood floors too?

Of course! I just redid my entire house with Armstrong multi width Artesian Hand Tooled Handscraped Hickory, and I don't take my pup nearly as often as I should to get her nails done.

Well Jimmy, I would rather have the scuff resist platinum because I regularly rub the crap out of my hardwood floors with the top half of a sponge. While we're at it can you also scrape your keys across it to show me how laminate is so much more durable than wood. I see those guys in the Orange aprons do that all the time.

Latest posts

Back