A new girl wants me. I don't want her.

Help Support Flooring Forum:

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I look in the obits every day to see if I am in there.
Some cheap asses don't want to spend the $6.99 to publish it in the paper. I hear some opt to piss the name of the (not so dearly) departed into the dirt for all to read. It also makes it doubly tough if the pisser has Parkinson's.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
I helped in looking for some classmates for a reunion. Several never had an obit or any kind of service. Personally, I think that funerals are a waste of money.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
It is not for the dead, but a way to grieve and remember your friend or loved one. A way to make it final. By the way, I just found out a buddy of mine, a former police officer, just died of Covid. He was the epitome of health.

Jon

Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Pro
It is not for the dead, but a way to grieve and remember your friend or loved one. A way to make it final. By the way, I just found out a buddy of mine, a former police officer, just died of Covid. He was the epitome of health.

I agree one goes to a funeral for the living
Sorry to hear about your friend hav
Australia seems to be copping this new virus pretty bad but they didnt do a lock down like NZ in the early days. We still have no cases in the community

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
We are in the middle of the hotspot for covid. First week of June we had 1 new case, first week of August, we had 107 new cases in our county. County is less than 28,000 people.

zannej

Professional
Pro
Only reason I went to funerals was for the family/friends to show my support. I still hate funerals. I don't want one. I want my body donated to science. No religious services. Hell, I don't want people to feel compelled to gather. I hate gatherings. LOL.

Mark Brown

Professional
Pro
I skipped both of my parents funerals, mostly because they were on the East Coast and I was on the West, but also because I really did not see the point. Dead people are dead and I was OK.... so there was not really anything for me to gain.

I can honestly say that other than when I was a small non-autonomous child I have never been to a funeral.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
I skipped both of my parents funerals, mostly because they were on the East Coast and I was on the West, but also because I really did not see the point. Dead people are dead and I was OK.... so there was not really anything for me to gain.

I can honestly say that other than when I was a small non-autonomous child I have never been to a funeral.
My MIL's funeral cost $10,000 and had maybe 30 people there. What a waste of money.

C.J.

Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Pro
My mom didn’t want a funeral, celebration of life or any of that jazz so we went to her favorite Mexican restaurant and had lunch in her memory. Funny thing is she’s passed on and she’s still pulling the strings down here on earth.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
My in-laws were really good people. They were like substitute parents for me. I lost my parents more than 30 years ago. Lost both my in-laws in the last 4 years.
I am 12 years older than my wife. My in-laws never said a word. Some people said we would not last. That was 38 years ago.

highup

Professional
Pro
You should go to funerals to see if it is your name they are talking about!
I would really like to go to my own. I bet 90% of the chat there would be:
I can't believe Randy made it to the funeral on time. He's usually at least an hour late. 😁

zannej

Professional
Pro
I don't know why people spend so much on the funerals. My late elderly friend who died recently must have had an expensive one in terms of the casket. That was one fancy casket. Not sure if that's what she was actually buried in or not.

My dad wanted to be cremated and did not want people to view his body. He thought it was barbaric. Some friends were upset they didn't get to view his body and say goodbye. I explained he didn't want that. It cost a few hundred $ to have the obituary put in the paper (they charge a lot for that here) and a couple thousand for cremation. The obit ended up reprinted for free in the Border Patrol magazine we used to get (they didn't consult us, but apparently someone who knew him that was still in contact with whoever did the magazine had it put in).

I saw something about some guy who died of Covid & his family had a gofundme with a goal of $50k for his funeral. $10k sounded high to me so $50k was outrageous.

Since we're on the topic of funerals, let's all take a moment to remember --- uh- whatshisface-- the person that was the topic of this thread at the start who is no longer with us. RIP. Off in banished lands. LOL.

C.J.

Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Pro
I got to look at coffins when we were at the funeral home. There was a fancy mahogany one for 10K. Basic bitch metal ones were 2K. Plenty of different boxes to choose from. Cool carved wooden ones all the way down to a biodegradable one meant for burial at sea. Then you have all kinds of interesting stuff like being able to have the remains (ashes) incorporated into a sculpture of some sorts.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since we lost a former workmate yesterday, I've been saddled with being the liaison between my partner's wife, and my police department. We are all family, even though I've been retired for 12 years. If the wife wants an honor guard, she will have it. If she wants or needs anything, she will get it. Once you're police family, you are family forever. Someone has to do it, so I opted to take the bull by the horns. It also allows our chief of police to continue to do his job, and ill do my thing to help a brother officer.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Since we lost a former workmate yesterday, I've been saddled with being the liaison between my partner's wife, and my police department. We are all family, even though I've been retired for 12 years. If the wife wants an honor guard, she will have it. If she wants or needs anything, she will get it. Once you're police family, you are family forever. Someone has to do it, so I opted to take the bull by the horns. It also allows our chief of police to continue to do his job, and ill do my thing to help a brother officer.
Did you see in Chicago, the guy who bought the gun that killed an officer is out on bond? WTF?

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Did you also see that the mom of the suspect that killed the girl cop stormed into the hospital and started hitting. Kicking and slapping the officers who were there to grieve over the loss of the female officer? She said the cops should all be fired and they are shedding her murderer son in bad light?