Ad on craigslist

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run ads on craigslist. Theres people out there with money. All I need is to get my foot in the door and impress them with my knowledge and charming personality!:D

I'm not the cheapest in town, probably not the most expensive. But I know what I need to charge to make the coin I need to pay the bills. I know what the stores charge and try and stay competitive.

Besides it's free! Nick........

I even pull in an inspection or two and some moisture testing jobs.

So the moral to this story is don't judge people just because they run ads on CL. Lots of quality minded licensed, certified people do.

I've been refining my ad for a couple years now. Plus I have two different ones. One's mainly installation oriented. The other is inspection/moisture testing oriented.

You're in a different part of the country E .
There are good contractors on there , but there is also a lot of fake ads that are gathering e mails .
I wouldn't e mail anyone. if they don't leave a phone number , forget about it . Plus there must be at least 50 people answering a ad here .

I see those quite often and just laugh. It's probably some cheap LL builder grade krap as well. And 2 1/14 which takes frikkin forever.

What are your thoughts on our professional installer sq.ft price, in comparison to what the big box stores charge for their installs? How do you react when customers roll on by, saying "I could get this done down the street for peanuts!" ?

What are your thoughts on our professional installer sq.ft price, in comparison to what the big box stores charge for their installs? How do you react when customers roll on by, saying "I could get this done down the street for peanuts!" ?

I see some pretty mediocore to awful installs where people got charged a fortune by brick n motar stores and these national chains. So in my opinion picking the highest bidder don't mean nuthing unless you qualify it, or him.

Can the customer go down-the-street and get the Installation Excellence Guarantee for the down the street price?

I 'd tell em that I can fix "peanuts" screwups tho I charge the price of Truffles.
...unless they enjoy peanuts day in, day out.

hey, go easy on my good lookin' pic. The world deserves to see it at the maximum allowed forum dimensions. Though, you might consider shrinking that pic of a hairy knee and foot.

I may make this my avatar. Much better lookin.

panosopoulas rh reading 012.JPG

Ken, had them for a year now, still kinda holding their own. Yes, soft toe. Kinda bulky for a floor guy though. But they have lots of pluses as far as electrical shock and all that.
I find it difficult to wear a steel toe. But I did buy the other one that is steel toe. Kinda pinches.

Latest posts

Back