Advice about Floor Runner

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PundaSmith

Hello,

Good Day everyone. I need an advice about a 7ft x 1 ft space in my living room (please see attachment).

This space is a heavy traffic area as it connects to the stairs and to the larger area rug on top of the carpet.

Apart from frequently cleaning this rectangular strip/space, is there anything I can put there to control the dirt and make it look comparatively nicer - I am thinking either of a another smaller rug or an alternative....

thanks - PS

Carpet-Strip.jpg

With that pic, it is hard to see what I am looking at. Is that a step down? What material is beyond the transition strip? Is that carpeting or concrete? A few more pics and I'm sure we could provide you with some great ideas to improve the look at that area.

I would say to put a small area rug just before you leave the hardwood to clean your feet before hitting on the lighter color rug and woven rug. Is that woven rug inserted into the gray carpet or is it just laying there? Looks inserted to me.

Daris

Hello Folks,

Thanks for your responses. I am attaching an additional picture showing the entire living room and the strip in question.

Picture2 shows the dinning room area (where the wooden floors are) and the living room (with the red/black area rug) on top of the wall-to-wall grey carpeting.

What you refer to as the "transition strip" is part of the wall-to-wall carpeting in the living.

And it is this "transition strip" that I am concerned about - it is a carpet.

Hope this helps a bit...

thanks - PS

Carpet-Strip2.jpg

If money was no object, I would continue the wooden floor into the area where the sofa is located. If money is an object, I would get a larger throw rug, one that fits the entire area. If it is an odd side they can easily be made with a good carpet and have the edges bound.

If PundaSmith ever comes back. :rolleyes:
......I believe that Maven meant to say that the problem would be easier to fix by wearing indoor shoes, or slippers since you have such a light colored carpet.

Thanks very much for all your replies and suggestions. The woven rug is not inserted into the wooden area - it was just lying there.

Given cost considerations, and the odd shape of the transition strip, I think a smaller rug on the transition strip should do. What other thing I could do, as Maven, suggested is to wear indoor shoes - but with young kids around, I better find a proactive solution and protect it with an additional strip rug.

Feather in new wood floor in that whole area back to the wall. Get rid of the crapet.

Latest posts

Back