Advice installing a basket weave floor

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodwood

I need recommendations on installing the basket-weave flooring below. The pattern comes pre-assembled as a "T" with the two little squares attached. We normally don't install - we just manufacture to order pattern wood floors. This time we sold into a distant market and agreed to help them install.

The problem is they started installing one room on their own with only one person and the result was some gaps in the middle which affected the border. The pieces wanted to creep a bit after install before the whole room got put together. Installer is using Franklin Urethane flooring adhesive.

The pieces need to stay tight and in a straight line, and tight from all four directions.

My idea is to start with a CNC cut MDF saw tooth spacer to hold the first row in place - make it parallel with the wall with spacers, then start gluing down the Ts against the spacer and use other CNC cut MDF spacers to push the pieces together and from the other side. I'm sure if but maybe we should do a section and then push from both sides with the sawtooth spacer and tie them together with screws on the spacers with string or wire between twisted tight and then let a section dry over night.

I'm in over my head on this - would like some folks with EXPERIENCE doing complex pattern floor glue downs to respond.

Have a look at this, it might help http :// homeguides.sfgate.com/install-basketweave-ceramic-tiles-71388.html
Joseph Rohdes

Latest posts

Back