Anybody caught up with theses fires

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

In memory...
Supporting Member
Pro
highup are these fires we are hearing about near you or anybody else?
Anybody ever hear from our gold miner friend Darol who used to help in the fire season these days?
Has he struck it rich and just forgot to tell us?

I have a 20,000 acre fire about 10 miles from me. Ash is everywhere, can't open the doors, air quality is horrible. The only plus is the heat of the sun cannot penetrate the smoke, so it is about 10-15 degrees cooler than expected.

John the closest one to me is 350 acres. It's about 20 miles south of me. It hasn't grown much in the last 2 days and they seem to have it under control even though it's not out yet. There's another fire near the coast 150 miles north of me. It's been very smokey since Monday when the wind shifted and started blowing us smoke from the large fires inland. The smoke has been thick enough everyday that at you can stare at the sun because it's just a dim orange spot in the sky. Tuesday I had to turn my headlights on about 2 hours earlier than normal because there was so much smoke. Very strange.
One of the larger fires that's about 150 miles north east of me has destroyed a few small towns along the highway. That fire is not under control and mother nature will end up putting that out whenever the rains start setting in. They are just doing the best they can to control property damage. Being isolated here on the coast it's really hard to get a grip on what's happening in those deviated areas.
I'll give Daryl a call and see what he's been up to. I haven't talked to him for a long time.

Here's one of the fire maps. I haven't figured out what the dots mean. The red dots are the intense areas and the yellow are burned areas.
I think so far there's about 1 million acres burned. Oregon has 63 million acres so for one fire season that's big.
https://www.wildfireaz.com/
To see California and Oregon you have to zoom the map out and scroll to the left.

Latest posts

Back