Anyone ever hear of Petri Paint Co Parlay Big Semi-Gloss?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftschmidt

Hi All,

My general contractor told me that his floor guy was going to use Bona or Absco. When we came back from moving out (bc of redoing floors) I found a label left back for a product by Petri Paint Co. It says Parlay 21, Big Semi-Gloss Clear Plastic Coat, Oil Modified Polyurethane.

Their website no longer exists but their phone number seems to be valid. However, I can't find the product anywhere online.

Anybody ever hear of it? Is it any good?

Thanks,

Frank

I've used that product many times. It seems to be a very high quality finish to me. I'd use it more if I didn't have to order a hundred gallons at a time. It goes down nice and smooth & seems to last really well. Tim

I've never heard of that before...however if you were supposed to get Bona or Absco (new one to me also), was the finish supposed to be waterborne? Also, OMU are not all the same...the gallon of Minwax poly at Lowes is very different than what I get at my flooring distributor. If your worried you can always ask. At times I will have to put a different finish down than what I spec'd but I will put down a comparable product, let the homeowner know and note it on the invoice in case they have a touch up so I can use the same stuff.

Thanks Jeff and Elite. So now here's the dilemma. They screwed up the finishing of the floors (some new some existing) and they are going to redo it entirely. I don't trust that they will use a good poly product. We really like oil-based. We are using Minwax red chestnut stain.

Can you recommend an oil-based poly? The floor is oak.

Jeff- does Minwax really sell a different (lower) quality product to Lowes under the same name?!

Frank

Not lower quality as in making "cheaper" products but not intended for floors, it doesn't have the durability that it needs. If I use OMU I like DuraSeal, which is owned by Minwax. Lenmar is another good finish as is Bona.

Well, after some debate after a poor quality job (uneven stain and scratches on the new cabinets about a foot high), my GC is bringing in another sub to entirely redo the floor--sand it down to the wood, restain it, and repoly it. The plan is to do it in 4 days: sand/stain (day 1), seal (2), poly (3), and poly (4). The new guy is going to use Lenmar (oil-based) poly.

The good news- he is redoing it and replacing the damaged doors.

Latest posts

Back