anyone installed Cortec Stone products

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven’t seen the new version yet.
My opinion is that it does not lock together tight enough, to stay together.
I have noticed that the bigger format tiles don’t lay very flat, right out of the box.I have set them on a counter top and middle of the tile is raised up, So when the floor is walked on their is movement, even on a perfectly flat floor.
Funny you mention that as I noticed that too. Rubbing my hand back and forth across the floor I can feel that little puffiness in the center. I'm going to look at one of the tiles in the boxes and see if the new ones do that too. Good observation maybe that's a big part of their problem.
It was hard to measure with my dial calipers because of the cork being part of the measurement. The raised lip did seem to be a couple thousands thicker..... But I wasn't sure because of the cork.
This is the best I could do with a side by side photo of the locking edge. Take a close look at the shadows. The lower one is the newer material.
The piece I took off the floor is over in a corner, not out in the middle of the room where it would be walked on so I don't think there's any damage from disjoint moving.

Attachments

• PXL_20211105_193753246.jpg
    PXL_20211105_193753246.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 67

Latest posts

Back