armstrong laminate and noise

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shatikaz

Hello all, I'm considering putting down an armstrong laminate floor. Many reviews caution that they are noisy. Since I've not found another laminate that looks this realistic, I was wondering if there's anything that can be done during installation to prevent any and all noise.

I just figured the click-seal costs for 400 sf would run $180 bucks. Not cheap but this is for dogs who have a potty problem, not squeaking. Click-Seal does claim it reduces noise like Ken says. Have not tried it for that yet.

You could probably use T&G Floating floor adhesive as well but could also very well void the warranty. And that would make plank replacement I bear I'd bet.

Also with the Armstrong, I feel their end joint locking mechanism is inferior to the UNICLIC system. I would have a look at QuickStep laminate before you decide. Theirs is just as real looking as any.

In this case since your concern isn't sealing the joins you might want to experiment with the quantity and placement application of the product.

I have Armstrong laminate in my kitchen and dining room. It is the most realistic laminate out there! Now for the noise, never ever ever have heard a sound out of my laminate in 7 years. I wonder where you're getting your information from. If the laminate is NOT installed over a flat floor, it will make noise! I am thrilled with my Armstrong, get a pro to come in and look at your floor, or if you are doing it, make sure the existing floor is flat.Floor prep is everything. Good luck.

In this case since your concern isn't sealing the joins you might want to experiment with the quantity and placement application of the product.

I have never had any issue with noise on a UNICLIC/Quickstep floor. Here is a couple pics of the Quickseal squeezing out of the joints on a darker Brazilian Cherry Quickstep floor. At first I was afraid it would look like a white line syndrome, heehee. It left a very small white line which was indisguishable from a standing position.
Out here is the desert this stuff dries in like 3 minutes, roll the residue off with a towel and now the small dogs can pee all they want. I was getting roughly 60sf per tube.This might change depending on the dimension of the T&G.

Ken turned me onto my first tube I used in a small bathroom, works great, just gotta be careful about squeezing to hard. If you do lots of glued T&G engineered or used to the original glued laminates you should pick it up easy.

Clickseal 003.JPG

Clickseal 005.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back