Armstrong Vivero or Coretec

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Picciani

Today I went with my sister in law to look at flooring. She has small dogs and needs waterproof flooring. They suggested the flooring in the title. Price is around $4.70 plus $2.50 installation per sq ft. I’ve seen a fair number of videos showing the joints separated on both products and wondered if that is typical or unusual. Personally I was looking at Quick-Step or Pergo laminate for my own house.

Since the sales place no longer sells laminate, I wonder if her comments on flooring are tainted.

She also said they are no longer a part of the Carpet One group.

Comments?

Thanks,

Tom P

Carpet One offers a lifetime warranty including installation problems. They buy an insurance policy that covers those issues.
I haven't seen the Vivero product. A lot of the Coretec planks I have seen have some slight cupping over time, especially near doors. If Coretec is installed at a sliding glass door, it needs a rug or blinds to protect it from constant sunlight. If I wanted waterproof, I'd get sheet vinyl.

Thanks. For my neice’s Bedroom I don’t think sunlight will be an issue. Later in the year I’m planning on putting new flooring in my living room and hallway. There is a new sliding door with low E glass. I would think lvp would have problems there. That’s why I’m considering

I like the Vivero because it's made in USA and can be glued or floated. But the lengths are only 48in long vs some Coretec that is 72 in. Vivero does not come with an attached cushion on the back like many others do using cork of rubber. You have to buy
S-1841 Quiet Comfort Floating Underlayment for it unless gluing.

Last edited:
Thanks. Just came across another flooring center called Wecker flooring. It’s in York but that isn’t too far. Five stars on several websites., if you can believe that. Might take a ride over there. Website sucks though. Income tax filed. Still getting decent returns. But might have to spend it on tires. Ugg!

Latest posts

Back