At wits end

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfmartin0387

Hello all I am new to this website and flooring tatics, I have been trying to redo our florida room, original floor was a regular slab of concrete with your most basic carpet , we have pulled the carpet up to leave sub floor. But when pulling up carpet took most of sub floor top layer of concrete up and left 50 % of adhesive. We have tried the a yellow jug of carpet glu remover which was a waste of money. After that we purchased a a industrial strength scraper to remove as much of the glue as possible without taking any more of the subfloor to keep it as level as possible. But that didnt work it took up more of the subfloor and left more divots and chunks of concrete off the floor. Now we have tried muratic acid which seemed to dissolve the glue a little bit more. we tried with the scraper to take off more and was a little more effective but still extremely hard and difficult. And last resort we brought in my gas powered pressure washer and started taking more of the adhesive faster than the other ways but was making divots and waves in the concrete. Any body have anyanswers to this or even tips to lessen the problem would be greatly appreciated. was trying to do this the most econmicaly way but isnt really happening. what we were going to do is use garage floor paint until we can afford tile or hardwood. now today we purchased a concrete stain for the floor. still we need to level and remove the glue as much as possible. thank you for any responses

Hi,

I think you're doing lot of alternatives and you think it,s not working.
I think it's about time to have new carpet installation.

Hi,

Thank you for haring your concern to us.

I'll try if I find you a solution for that.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back