Beaulieu vs lifeproof vinyl plank flooring

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atlee

Hey, deciding on vinyl plank flooring for my basement. Trying to stay under $4 a sqft. Beaulieu or lifeproof???? Or any other suggestions? Looking for something dog proof but heathly, low vox’s.

Nothing by Beaulieu unless there is a gun to your head and even then you are probably better off with the hole. Their laminate was terrible, their carpet is terrible and I do not even think I need to work with their plank to know that whatever white label product they are selling as their own is terrible too.

Nothing by Beaulieu unless there is a gun to your head and even then you are probably better off with the hole. Their laminate was terrible, their carpet is terrible and I do not even think I need to work with their plank to know that whatever white label product they are selling as their own is terrible too.
😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

I been doing a lot of floorte' pro lately myself & love how it installs. Haven't had a call back yet so I guess that says something.

I been doing a lot of floorte' pro lately myself & love how it installs. Haven't had a call back yet so I guess that says something.

I’ve installed quite a bit of Floorte and it is a very nice product to work with. Rigid core takes a bit of getting used to working with and how you handle it. Corners chip real easy when you’re snapping it or shuffling it around.

If that's one of those skinny click plank floors you don't want to install it unless the house has heat. I did a repair on one that had a 35 ft run from one part of the house clear through a hallway. Hallway into the bathroom doorway with ceramic tile. Customer insisted no trim at the doorway so the installer feathered the substrate to be even with the tile and budded the laminate to it.
Month and a half later when I installed carpet I cranked up the heat. The product was Florte, but I have no idea how many different thicknesses they produce this floor in. Like the other thin put together lvts, be very very careful so you install them two specs.

Attachments

• PXL_20210127_003737551.jpg
    PXL_20210127_003737551.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 83
  • PXL_20210127_203647432.jpg
    PXL_20210127_203647432.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 76
I’ve installed quite a bit of Floorte and it is a very nice product to work with. Rigid core takes a bit of getting used to working with and how you handle it. Corners chip real easy when you’re snapping it or shuffling it around.
I believe you made a post on TFP stating that a tapping block is just that, a TAPPING block. Not a beating block!

I've used that line many of times since I heard it!

I believe you made a post on TFP stating that a tapping block is just that, a TAPPING block. Not a beating block!

I've used that line many of times since I heard it!

That’s right! You should be able to engage the plank 90% to 95%, if not all the way, with nothing more than angling it and then give it a little love tap just to confirm the plank is 100% seated. If the planks aren’t seating then something is wrong and beating them together is not the answer.

Latest posts

Back