Best Box Truck or Box Van for Flooring Company

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm going with a box truck. My concern on the step van is sliding the carpet in and out (might catch and tear/damage on those square wheel wells).

Attachments

• 2023-ford-e-450sd-base-oxford-white-6.jpg
    2023-ford-e-450sd-base-oxford-white-6.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 0
Seems like a lot of truck. Fine for loading with a hi-low but that’s gotta be a pain to climb in and out of and off load on site. Much nicer to be able to push the big rolls from the inside.

Look at the tall extended cargo vans. You can fit an awful lot of carpet in them and way easier to work out of.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d86aafd7-7c11-4fcf-83fc-89cd3c6cb324/

Last edited:
Gotcha… Box truck it is then… Or maybe build the shelves over the wheel wells as mentioned…Or just carpet them.😎

I’ll say it again, it sure comes in handy to be able to access the cargo area from the front.

We worked with a lot of 13’2” imported goods which fit fine but not whole lot of 15’ stuff.

It would also be nice if that rollup door on the step van were the whole width of the back of the truck… That’s a little strange.

You will adapt to whatever you are using. I have used the box truck, Ford, Chevy and Dodge vans. The Ford was better because of being longer on the inside. But you adapt.

Latest posts

Back