Board Replacement Costs

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FloorMaven

For direct-glued, pre-finished hardwood board replacement I charge as follows:
Am I in-line with other floor guys?

board-replacement-costs.jpg

Are you figuring time getting to the jobsite, setting up, tear down and time to scrape the splinters and glue off the slab? I'd start at $350.00 minimum figuring an hour per plank.

Last edited:
I realize there are variations that create exceptions. I understand your thinking, just trying to determine if I should adjust mine. If your minimum charge would be $350 for three planks or an hour per plank does that mean your hourly rate is $116.67?

I realize there are variations that create exceptions. I understand your thinking, just trying to determine if I should adjust mine. If your minimum charge would be $350 for three planks or an hour per plank does that mean your hourly rate is $116.67?

Ken, I do not understand you need to reduce this task to an hourly rate. I however do understand the need to know what your making hourly, but no one charges hourly do they? What if there were other singular planks needed in conjunction with the three planks? I would do a $350 minimum and another $75 per plank fee. Having said that all plank replacements are different usually eg; widths, lengths, strips vs planks, all seperate or conjoined, floated, glued fastened, click vs T&G etc.

Last edited:
Ernesto said:
Ken, I do not understand you need to reduce this task to an hourly rate.

I guess I misunderstood...I thought you said u would charge an hour per plank. I believe example b to be less labor intensive than example a. I prefer to use a formula so prospects understand that I don't arbitrarily arrive at my price.

I guess I misunderstood...I thought you said u would charge an hour per plank. I believe example b to be less labor intensive than example a. I prefer to use a formula so prospects understand that I don't arbitrarily arrive at my price.

Yea, I said I figure it can take an hour per plank on a gluedown, not the rate that I charge. There is risk involved as well ya know.

Ernesto said:
I'd start at $350.00 or an hour per plank.

Honestly, as the reader I think you used the wrong conjunction. The word or made me believe you were equalizing different types of rates as opposed to discussing a rate and time. Though, Thanks for helping me understand.

Honestly, as the reader I think you used the wrong conjunction. The word or made me believe you were equalizing different types of rates as opposed to discussing a rate and time. Though, Thanks for helping me understand.

I don't remember saying that exactly. :D

What about a laminate repair in the same scenerio? Less or the same cost? Gotta do just about all the same motions as a wood floor plank repair. Haul tools, set-up tools etc.

The surface flatness tolerances for laminate, the oft times delicacy of the material and floating nature dictate an up-charge over direct glue replacement.

Latest posts

Back