Bruce Hardwood, Then and Now

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Just at ten years ago the floors depicted in the first two pictures were installed in a clients house, amazingly enough they still make the same product, 3/8" x 3" random plank engineered. The milling was exactly the same, old fit new perfectly. Last two pictures are the new stuff.

Anyone notice anything different?

Bruce Novak 001.JPG

Bruce Novak 012.JPG

Bruce Novak 002.JPG

Bruce Novak 003.JPG

Bruce Novak 008.JPG

Last edited:
Looks like they added more charachter to the grade.

Bingo Dan. The older one is mostly select. Up to seven footers as well. The older box was longer. The new stuff is mostly number 2 and some number one. And actually about the same amount of shorter boards which was minimal in both.

Unfortunately, most mills put a proprietary name on factory finished products. Other than unfinished, long gone is the actual grade name. Most consumers don't know the difference so they get away with throwing whatever they want into the boxes.

Yea, I continue to use the grade name, old habits die hard. I noticed it immediately when I started, racked out about ten rows and called her in, she loved the charachter in it. :rolleyes:

Not a big fan of Bruce, but that's primarily because I had a couple jobs where the boards that came out of the box were shaped like bananas. Had to cinching jigs across the entire floor to get the boards in. Yuch.

Just at ten years ago the floors depicted in the first two pictures were installed in a clients house, amazingly enough they still make the same product, 3/8" x 3" random plank engineered. The milling was exactly the same, old fit new perfectly. Last two pictures are the new stuff.

Anyone notice anything different?

Hard to tell from a picture but it looks like one is red oak and the other white oak.

Latest posts

Back