Busted a Rep and Retailer

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Laminate install for a resi. Laminate corners for Tarkett were lifting and delaminated.
Rep took some out and said topical. Retailer said it was moisture from underneath.

Newer manufactured home with cover underneath. Installed over vinyl with a closed cell foam.

Installation is rotating lock.

I called it installation. The guy was installing it like a UNICLIC.

Home owner called me for replacement because no one will talk to him since they think it is site related.

I'm gonna write a report, Hopefully the guy who used his tax returns to buy this flooring will get it fixed by someone. Still will be a battle for him.

How can a rep go out and be unbiased when looking at a flooring failure?

Answer, they can't.

The floor is pristine and no swollen seams. Just F'd up corners.

Obviously the guy shaved off the lip when installing it incorrectly. Plus he went back and repaired it in one area. Did not rotate the entire row per consumer..

Had the issue from day one. Installer left town.

Last edited:
Its funny you just posted this. I just finished up my cfi certification again and we were talking about this same thing. Installing laminate is easy, just read that damn instruction sheet, lol. The company tells you exactly how they want their products installed. Its not brain surgery.

I dont have the funding to attend the conventions right now. It sounds interesting though. The company I work for spends a ton of money paying for those classes for all the installers so I am more than happy to take advantage of them. I think normally they are about $700 but no cost to me aside from taking a couple days off of work. Its nice to take some time off and shoot the **** with other installers off of a jobsite where you can exchange tips and tricks.

Ken said:
I dont have the funding to attend the conventions right now.

Isn't it about 3 hrs drive time from you this year? It'll never be closer. Even if you go for one day, sounds like it would be a good fit for you.

We don't tell you what organizations to belong to or cut them down so why should you/

Daris

See what I mean.

I don't recall my telling Ken what org to belong to, nor did I cut any org down old man. :p

Personally, I question every certification body who's main intent is to enrich the upper echelon of the group.If they are in fact a true certification body.

I'm interested in any organization that give me an opportunity to be better at what I do. I'm not a member nor did I pay to get certified. I'm sure I would have taken the class from any org that offered it if not CFI. I would be lying if I said I didn't do this for the money however i truly love what I do and I'm up for any opportunity to learn more and really get into my craft.

Ernesto said:
See what I mean.
I don't recall my telling Ken what org to belong to, nor did I cut any org down old man. :p

CFIers can be sensitive...they've been beat up so often in the past.

There's plenty of camaraderie at convention if that's you thing. Good value for the money if you don't have to spend a ton on travel. $700 seems excessive for lam training...it was actually the Grand Canyon chapter of CFI that teamed up with Roberts/qep (who was a lowes vendor at the time) to do the first training for lowes. It was done in a phoenix hotel and lowes did splurge. Orcon later took over their training when varden was there, then it went to CFI exclusively after orcon dropped training. $700 must be the corporate price, like hospitals billing insurance companies.

CFIers can be sensitive...they've been beat up so often in the past.

Awwwww, who hasn't lol

Once a CFIer, always a CFIer eh? Everyone has a different experience with it, some more positive than others. I still use my cert in my Curriculum Vitae.

They were small when i was young . :D

Hate to see it become a lost art .I still sew on certain occasions .
Right now I'm doing my socks . :D

Rowland was in these parts a year or so ago , but i think he was using that newfangled iron.

They were small when i was young . :D

Hate to see it become a lost art .I still sew on certain occasions .
Right now I'm doing my socks . :D

Rowland was in these parts a year or so ago , but i think he was using that newfangled iron.

That "newfangled iron" is great on some stuff. Just too slow for everyday installation. And the tape is a mite pricey.

Latest posts

Back