Can I glue a click LVT floor

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
The floor is called Invincible and sold at a Carpet-One store. These are made to float, but it's going into a bathroom that has a shower, so obviously it needs to be caulked on the showers tile edge. The bath area as I recall is about 11 feet by 6 1/2 feet. The door to the left will be carpet metal. The shower is in the middle.
So, can I glue it? If so, with what? I've never installed one of these lock together LVT's
http://www.carpetone.com/invincible-lvt

Whitty Bath.JPG

Last edited:
Whats the guidelines say? Sometimes they give you the option to glue and the glue to use.

Course you could always use plastic under it, caulk that to the tub. Then use a tub molding - peel an stick. Such a small area shouldnt be any issue with expansion and contraction.

Whats the guidelines say? Sometimes they give you the option to glue and the glue to use.

Course you could always use plastic under it, caulk that to the tub. Then use a tub molding - peel an stick. Such a small area shouldnt be any issue with expansion and contraction.
Plastic?
It's an upstairs master bathroom with vinyl flooring currently on the floor. I need to do a 6? by 3 foot repair across the face of the shower, then skim coat the floor with Ardex.
I suppose loose lay and silicone would work. Maybe a few dabs directly across from it for a little stability. Caulk shown in red. It's probably only 36 to 40 inches from the shower to the wall across from it. The shower is tile.
They make it in a self stick, but I have the click. I just figured the adhesive would be better in a bathroom to help keep water from ever getting under it.

http://www.installandclean.com/

Whitty Bath caulk.jpg

Last edited:
The box of material had the link I included in my previous reply. They have a click, self stick and one they call dry back. The dryback uses adhesive and I assume they are all exactly the same material.
Would I be better off just to forget the adhesive? My main concern for adhesive was in case of a leak or toilet overflow.

I have glued this product down.
IVC has I-grip for LVT and also
a spray adhesive.
I used the I grip. You use a paint roller and put a thin layer down as a primer and let it dry, then another coat,let that dry. The adhesive is very aggressive. That sounds like a good idea for a bathroom. You can cut the floor tight without expansion.

The invincible is an awesome product.

Last edited:
That link said moisture can't penetrate it from the surface .

Yes, it says that.

"Moistureloc? creates a watertight seal that never loosens even under tension. Moistureloc? ensures that water and dust won?t get under the floor, preventing mold and other micro-organisms from forming."

I didn't look close at the material to see how the end joint works. I thought it was a drop and lock on the end joints. It can get under the floor on the edges in case of a leak or mild toilet overflow.

Last edited:
Yes, it says that.

"Moistureloc? creates a watertight seal that never loosens even under tension. Moistureloc? ensures that water and dust won?t get under the floor, preventing mold and other micro-organisms from forming."

I didn't look close at the material to see how the end joint works. I thought it was a drop and lock on the end joints. It can get under the floor on the edges in case of a leak or mild toilet overflow.

I'm reviving this one because it's finally getting close to being started. The customer just about has the shower redone.
The floor is called Invincible and sold at a Carpet-One store.
The shower is in the center between the toilet and vanity. There is a doorway between the vanity area and the shower/toilet area. How does a guy lock the joint centered in a doorway with this thin vinyl 'click' material in a doorway? The joint would be 1 and 2 into 3 and 4

Whitty Bath2.JPG

Last edited:
I'm reviving this one because it's finally getting close to being started. The customer just about has the shower redone.
The floor is called Invincible and sold at a Carpet-One store.
The shower is in the center between the toilet and vanity. There is a doorway between the vanity area and the shower/toilet area. How does a guy lock the joint centered in a doorway with this thin vinyl 'click' material in a doorway? The joint would be 1 and 2 into 3 and 4

With a padlock??? Just messing with you. It's Monday so got to lighten things up a bit.
Good luck with you dilemma.

Daris

The current floor that I will be laying over is vinyl except for a 7 inch wide repair in front of the shower. I'm going to skim coat the entire floor so that it can be glued. I still haven't decided whether or not to glue it down. The width from the shower to the wall opposite from it is only about 39 inches........... so it really can't move around much if I don't.

Latest posts

Back