Can please i get some feed back. I was told i am too picky. I would love your thoughts

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U live in Vancouver BC or Washington?
Actually I live on the southern Oregon coast. I was poking you. 😁
My mom lived in Vancouver Washington from 1977 until 2016. Every time I went up to visit I had to find a new way to get to her house. Vancouver just seemed to grow and grow and grow. I go nuts living in a place like that.

Ya I had feeling something wasn't right. It would be more like which mall. I still need paint but here are new pictures For his 2 transition fails I posted before. The painter is getting prepped... but why is there so much spackle on my walls when I just had someone fill and paint my condo a few weeks ago. And I was told I would get 2 coats of paint if i needed it but I guess i didn't need it? I know no one is probably gonna look up but why is the like fifty spots on the ceiling covered up with the wrong white paint. Oh ya and closet he said paint the whole condo. So when I said he didnt need to paint the laundry closet he thought that ment all if the closets.😪
20201205_130755.jpg
20201205_130746.jpg
20201205_142902.jpg
20201205_142907.jpg
20201205_150909.jpg
20201205_150924.jpg
20201205_150928.jpg
Screenshot_20201205-220814_Video Player.jpg
20201205_130820.jpg

I can't tell what's going on in the 5th 6th and 7th images. I see dozens or hundreds of little white patches or speckles. Is that a first coat of paint with some holidays?
The damage from removing and replacing the base is just going to happen. Those metal sheetrock corners twist or flex sometimes when removing base. I think it's all going to be fine. To a prospective buyer it's going to look like a new house with all the fresh paint in the new floor. That's going to make it an easy sell.

I highly doubt this guy actually had 40 years of practical experience. If he did, then he had 40 years of grifting & doing terrible jobs. If he genuinely thought he did a good job, he should not be doing this work.
I would definitely sue him in small claims court for any extra expenses & having to buy new material to replace what he screwed up.
The whole thing of him demanding more and more money sounds like a scam though.

Rusty, I think you're seeing the metal sheetrock corner if you're talking about his last photos. The first guy would have use Scotch tape. 😁

I can't tell what's going on in the 5th 6th and 7th images. I see dozens or hundreds of little white patches or speckles. Is that a first coat of paint with some holidays?
The damage from removing and replacing the base is just going to happen. Those metal sheetrock corners twist or flex sometimes when removing base. I think it's all going to be fine. To a prospective buyer it's going to look like a new house with all the fresh paint in the new floor. That's going to make it an easy sell.
The first 2 pics I was just showing how much nicer the transition looked. That was the only spot that any drywall came off It is metal sheetrock corner or whatever you called it. Pictures 3 and 4 were just showing some of the filled dents and chips. That the first guy didnt fill. Pictures 4-6 are paint old paint that was not covered. Picture 7 is one of about 50 spots on the ceiling that they accidentally got paint on and covered up with the wrong color paint.

Here are some spots that my tenant wore right through the paint into the drywall. 1st guy just painted over it and it looked crapy if u looked at it. It might have passed a quick walk through but my painter mudded it and is doing it right. I didnt even notice it until the floor was fixed. He did one thing right with the floor. It took my attention off the lousy paint job. He said he finished it today. So I just have to go back and put the covers and rack back in the closets. It should be looking mint now😁
Screenshot_20201206-213630_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201206-213613_Gallery.jpg
20201206_152351.jpg
20201206_152412.jpg

I highly doubt this guy actually had 40 years of practical experience. If he did, then he had 40 years of grifting & doing terrible jobs. If he genuinely thought he did a good job, he should not be doing this work.
I would definitely sue him in small claims court for any extra expenses & having to buy new material to replace what he screwed up.
The whole thing of him demanding more and more money sounds like a scam though.
He is either a good actor or he genuinely thought it was a good job or atleast passable job. Does he needs glasses? I did wonder when he threatened to sue me and put a lean on my condo. He probably bids low and does lousy work and either convinces the customer it's good enough or threatens them and tries to scare them into paying. I'm not saying that's it but it could be... I wonder how many leins he has out on people? It's funny how low my standards went after seeing it for the first time, but he still could not meet them. He has messaged me since saying he was not going to take it any further and is going to move on. It's funny it upset me when he text that. It felt like he thinks is letting me off the hook.

Depending on your losses sometimes it's best to just part ways. small claims court would probably cost more than what it's worth especially considering your time.
best thing to do now is pretend you're the buyer and you've never seen the place before. You do like most people do you look at the room size the color of the walls the lighting in the room and envision where you're going to put furniture. You know some nitpicky things that they don't and it will probably never bother them if they even notice it.

I think in some places the defendant has to pay your court costs if you win. But, if you have to take time off work to go to court it can be frustrating. I bet this guy probably wouldn't even show up for court though.

Latest posts

Back