Can someone please help me!

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I mispoke about staggering. I of course always stagger the joints, I meant to say that I didn't stagger the "grout lines" as opposed to a pattern where the simulated grout lines are staggered by half each row.

At any rate I got it all glued, every last stick of it with the manufacturers recommended "mannington megaglue". They recommend this for the last row and short pieces. The stuff is only wood glue by all appearance and smell. The thing is though now I have to be exra careful as to not damage it since it's all basically one huge plank.

Thank you all. I came up short a box of flooring, made more scrap than I had anticipated. I'll post some pics when it's all said and done.

thanks again!

john

If you need to replace a plank, I think you should be able to take one out of the middle of the floor and patch it in with a new one with glue. It is a little scary the first time you do it, but looks great when your done. You probably won't be able to take the entire floor apart. I would doubt you will ever need to replace a plank.

A couple jobs we've seen, people have just been too afraid to push on the click system enough to lock things together and it sits awkwardly. Try a little more force and see if that's the case, and if it's not, I'm leaning towards the failed click system explanation.

Replacing a plank would be like replacing a plank of glue down hardwood.

carpetone said:
A couple jobs we've seen, people have just been too afraid to push on the click system enough to lock things together and it sits awkwardly. Try a little more force and see if that's the case, and if it's not, I'm leaning towards the failed click system explanation.

Either that or they install before its totally acclimated, seen that alot.

Latest posts

Back