Can this be fixed with refinish - or should I consider new floor?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andyman33

We have a few spots in our floors that have had water damage it seems -- and there is a bit of gaps that are def larger between boards. Am I dumb in trying to have this floor resanded and refinished? Or will it still look nice once its done? here are a few pictures of hte damaged areas...

floor1.jpg

floor2.jpg

We have a few spots in our floors that have had water damage it seems -- and there is a bit of gaps that are def larger between boards. Am I dumb in trying to have this floor resanded and refinished? Or will it still look nice once its done? here are a few pictures of hte damaged areas...

The pictures didn't show. Maybe you can't send pictures from Pakistan.:D

How long has the floor been drying out? If the floor is dry and stable, those cracks can be filled. The sanding would need to go deep enough to remove the stained edges of those boards or the filler might stand out a lot. If the floor is dry and stable, I don't know why it couldn't be refinished. They could even sew in some new boards where that planter is. You'd need to find a highly recommended wood floor installer/finisher and get his on-site opinion so that he could tell you what to expect considering the overall condition of your entire floor. I think most of us here agree it could be refinished. You don't want to search out the cheapest guy you can find. Get some references.

Latest posts

Back