Carpet install nightmare

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basement456

Long story but start with most recent problem. Is there a problem with the way this pad has been installed and the bubbles. Will these be able to be smoothed out when carpet stretched out ? They edges are glued and stapled.

Attachments

• C09E521B-D837-4EFD-A31C-A48646D770B6.jpeg
    C09E521B-D837-4EFD-A31C-A48646D770B6.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 0D1ADC83-C3BD-43D4-BA94-CC03F8BD1169.jpeg
    0D1ADC83-C3BD-43D4-BA94-CC03F8BD1169.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 120
If push comes to shove cut them and take out the excess and tape the seam back up. But most times the weght of the carpet will flatten them back out. That is what happens when pad gets put down one day and carpet a day or so later. No biggy.

If push comes to shove cut them and take out the excess and tape the seam back up. But most times the weght of the carpet will flatten them back out. That is what happens when pad gets put down one day and carpet a day or so later. No biggy.
Daris, on another forum, he said they wanted to put a T seam in the room because the carpet was too heavy. They said it needed a "relief" seam. They are "slop artists".

Looks like they should have unrolled the pad llengths that were needed, and let them relax while they put down the tack strip. I think they ought to attempt to pull the pad loose around the edge then stretch out the excess material it will definitely grow and most of those wrinkles I assume would flatten out.

Even if that carpet was really heavy and it took six people to maneuver into place it would be much preferred to do that than to cut the thing in half. Personally I would entertain any options but cutting the piece in half.

Latest posts

Back