Carpet rip up tool

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
150 bucks at harbor freight, some lumber, and tackstrip. Boss wasn't as excited as we were but he wasn't on the labor side. Cable is rated higher than winch so no worries about snapped lines. Crude but worked.
Pretty neat! I paid over 2 grand for mine and that was over 30 years ago…

But I gotta say unless the carpet is really stuck the machine is a waste of time. If it’s coming up as easy as in the video it’s way quicker to just pull… Probably why your boss wasn’t so excited…😎

I don't recall if that particular job a bad tear up. There's definitely a point where you're better off just using grabbers but if the carpet gave us any shit we just ran the winches. We eventually threw a roller on the winch base and a clamp on the switch and 1 guy could cut and roll and let the winch pull unmanned. Boss was too refined to appreciate the redneck engineering. That and the whole Osha thing, lol.

I bought a national carpet puller on ebay for $800 and it paid for itself on one job. Replaced the rope once and bought the big puller piece but use the smaller one mostly. Can pull full 12' wide super glued carpet up no problem.

I bought a national carpet puller on ebay for $800 and it paid for itself on one job. Replaced the rope once and bought the big puller piece but use the smaller one mostly. Can pull full 12' wide super glued carpet up no problem.
Paid $100 for mine from a shop that was going out of business about 10 years ago. I had a $1000 in my pocket when I asked them about it. Easily the best money I have even spent in my life.

Latest posts

Back