Carpet Suggestions -- Help!

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anitabaumann

Hello,

My husband and I are remodeling a master bedroom -- a 12x36 space. We are looking for a durable, very soft carpet - one that will hold up with high traffic. Stains are not a huge concern because we don't eat and drink in the bedroom. We do have a housebroken dog that sheds.

I had been considering -- still am, I guess -- Mohawk's 1V15 style -- smartstrand silk -- sometimes called "Gentle Essence" by sellers -- but I was concerned by reviewed saying you can't use a Dyson on it. We had a dyson, but were considering getting an "upstairs vacuum" but then I saw that some consumers were reporting that they issues with the recommended vacs as well.

So, back to the drawing board for now. Can you recommend brands/styles for soft carpets (no loops because of the dog's nails)? Also guidance on pads would be helpful -- does the pad contribute to the softness? If buying online, how can you know what pad to order? Do you recommended the carpet maker's house pads, like Mohawk's Smart Cushion?

Is there are network of carpet installers who are not tied to particular stores?

Thank you!

Anita

okay heres the deal on carpets -----first we have fibers--what you actually walk on-----------1-wool---natural soft--could outlast you and your husband---the most expensive--found mostly in loop construction but i will get to that in a bit---2-nylon--soft durable easy to clean-----3-polyester--soft but tends to mat down and soil quickly--most salespeople will push polyester as profit margins are higher-----4-olefin--aka polypropelene---not very soft or durable but its dirt cheap---------------now we move on to construction---we begin at the bottom with ---------1-commercial--aka level loop ---made to wear like iron but sacrifice any softness---------------2- berber---here the loops are larger--which gives greater softness--loops will always be more durable than ----------3-cut pile saxony shag--whatever you want to call it---made to be soft but one sacrifices durability---tends to mat down in high traffic areas---you can increase durability by increasing thickness and lowering pile height----these are general guidelines with thousands of subsets---keep in mind bedrooms are considered the least travelled areas in a home----my advice---go with a thick plush nylon in a color and texture that talks to you

Pick a trustworthy company when buying a carpet. As such companies allocate the buyer to take a sample home. You will also find informed people on the staff to reply your question on maintain and cleaning your carpet.

Hello,

My husband and I are remodeling a master bedroom -- a 12x36 space. We are looking for a durable, very soft carpet - one that will hold up with high traffic. Stains are not a huge concern because we don't eat and drink in the bedroom. We do have a housebroken dog that sheds.

I had been considering -- still am, I guess -- Mohawk's 1V15 style -- smartstrand silk -- sometimes called "Gentle Essence" by sellers -- but I was concerned by reviewed saying you can't use a Dyson on it. We had a dyson, but were considering getting an "upstairs vacuum" but then I saw that some consumers were reporting that they issues with the recommended vacs as well.

So, back to the drawing board for now. Can you recommend brands/styles for soft carpets (no loops because of the dog's nails)? Also guidance on pads would be helpful -- does the pad contribute to the softness? If buying online, how can you know what pad to order? Do you recommended the carpet maker's house pads, like Mohawk's Smart Cushion?

Is there are network of carpet installers who are not tied to particular stores?

Thank you!

Anita

This site is loadad with the cream of the crop installers . You don't mention where you are located .

Latest posts

Back