Carpet tacker boot

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tile Tom

Professional
Pro
An installer buddy of mine tossed me one of these boots this morning. I have never seen or heard of these. They go over your carpet tacker so they don’t mark up white stringers and such. Thought it was pretty cool 😎.
0D240554-8914-4267-ABBE-C23114621A04.png

Hey Tom,

Gundlach has had them for a long time.

They do work well to prevent marking. The only thing I'd caution you about them is that when you use them, for whatever reason, they tend to cause carpet fibers to collect in the main drive body of the tool and if you don't check it every once in a while, it'll cause the main drive spring to break from the buildup inside the tool. In all the ones I've fixed over the years I've never quite figured out how the heck the carpet fibers get caught in there. You'd think with that boot on there it would keep them out. Beyond my intelligence. 😊 Glad you got one. You'll probably like it pretty well.

I don't use an electric tacker all that much. I use an Anchorite tool most of the time.
To keep from leaving my mark, I install these over it for protection. They're reusable and come in designer colors. Last ones I bought smelled like peppermint. Kinda odd, don't ya think?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230309-213338.png
    Screenshot_20230309-213338.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
I don't use an electric tacker all that much. I use an Anchorite tool most of the time.
To keep from leaving my mark, I install these over it for protection. They're reusable and come in designer colors. Last ones I bought smelled like peppermint. Kinda odd, don't ya think?
Hey they even got feelers on them so you don't get to close to the walls, like the old curb feelers for the cars. NICE

Latest posts

Back