Carpeting in a Rental Unit

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is all the woven/wool at these days? Or how about high end rentals? What would you sell to them?

If I had my druthers I would do 50 yds of woven/wool/syn blend than hammering down laminate or wood all day. I usually get 13 to 15 bucks a sq yd for that plus sewing. To bad I hardly ever see it

I was contacted by a woven mill to try and get their product installed in my area. I called friends that I knew knew wovens. I quoted $15 to them for a starting price plus all extras. Comment back to me was I don't want to work that hard. 40-50 yards a day would have been some sweet money compared to regular crapet.

Daris

I was contacted by a woven mill to try and get their product installed in my area. I called friends that I knew knew wovens. I quoted $15 to them for a starting price plus all extras. Comment back to me was I don't want to work that hard. 40-50 yards a day would have been some sweet money compared to regular crapet.

Daris

Fifteen should be a deal for up there. I get 13 + extras when I run into it. I price it sf wise. The last time I did one the store kept bailing on the architect on install dates. I think they were just scared as it was a drop. lol What I can't understand is how the mill lets them even sell it if they cannot install it.

If you look around, you can find carpet that needs to get sold. I'll give you an immediate example.

When one of our sister stores was moving, they put a whole bunch of remnants on Kijiji, Craigslist, and advertised on their website that they were trying to sell entire remnants, some up to 12x50 for X number of dollars depending on quality and size.

People could pick up a sizable piece of carpet for anywhere between $20-$500 depending on those factors. Why? People hate to lug around big, heavy remnants when they relocate and would be happier to work with a customer to move the product. It's just a matter of keeping your ear to the ground.

If you rip out your own carpet and want to DIY or find a qualified installer willing to work with you on a sharper price, you can do it without breaking the bank.

If you look around, you can find carpet that needs to get sold. I'll give you an immediate example.

When one of our sister stores was moving, they put a whole bunch of remnants on Kijiji, Craigslist, and advertised on their website that they were trying to sell entire remnants, some up to 12x50 for X number of dollars depending on quality and size.

People could pick up a sizable piece of carpet for anywhere between $20-$500 depending on those factors. Why? People hate to lug around big, heavy remnants when they relocate and would be happier to work with a customer to move the product. It's just a matter of keeping your ear to the ground.

If you rip out your own carpet and want to DIY or find a qualified installer willing to work with you on a sharper price, you can do it without breaking the bank.

If you put your mind to it, you can bargain-shop and get really nice items for a small amount. You have to be dedicated, take some time and check things out, though. The one thing you will not get cheaper with the same quality is labor. I stand behind that one!

Tia

Latest posts

Back