Cheap Laminate

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wondering if your seeing a cleaning maintenance problem, I rarely ever see that peeling.

I see the peeling a lot on the cheap laminates. The surface layer bubbles and peels. Of corse, I don't know how it was maintained, but it is still so different from high quality like the Mannington job you showed. It was nice to see that on the floor ... have sold that pattern a few times, but never saw it laid, and it looks nice! Although not my choice for myself, it still looks pretty darn good!

Tia

I'm wondering if your seeing a cleaning maintenance problem, I rarely ever see that peeling.

Anyway, on the click. Most of them need a little coaxing with the block. I always give them a tap just to make sure. With the square edge you can absolutely tell if it is engaged fully. Not so much with this one I did that has a dark deep V groove. Course the eyes are going on me too. Plus it was a rotating lock. Never seen one of those just snap the whole row in.

Gimmie a UNICLIC and I can snap and click all day, backwards, forwards and sideways.

I like the looks of that stuff.

That Mannington is my fave!

Tia

1064-image-837306340

This possibly could be the winner of cheap Laminate!!
Saw this in a store the other day I can't tell you were cuz it will ruin the fun lol

http://www.houserepairtalk.com/members/isola96/albums/work/1064-image-837306340/

Did some Pergo Max today, rated AC 3 or something. But it was the SecureLock™ I was not so fond of. It's the 5G system. Kinda sucked cus you have to pound down the end joint to get it to fully lock down.

Then some times the little plastic thingy in there gets pinched and you get a proud end joint.

And then you have to go backwards as compared to a UNICLIC system.:mad:

Last edited:
The rating was proudly printed on the paper insert label.

I usually slide a paper with the instructions and label under the floor when I am installling it. That way some inspector or installer will find in when it's being replaced and say, "oh looky what I found, instructions!"

Last edited:
What inspectors even see them? They do not usually have the same instructions or requirements as do the online ones. Cheap Trick!

When I was doing inspections I would go to the box store and steal one out of a package. :)

What inspectors even see them? They do not usually have the same instructions or requirements as do the online ones. Cheap Trick!

When I was doing inspections I would go to the box store and steal one out of a package. :)

I bet you are the kind that cuts content labels off the cushions on a couch or a mattress.:D

Yeah, yeah, thanks for all the comments. AC 1-5. The whole system makes total sense, but where do you find the ratings for each floor? I assume there is some testing system to come up with these ratings ... you'd think. How is the rating determined and where do you find the AC rating for XX laminate?

Tia

Latest posts

Back