Check your local global warming

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
I was trying to recall some record setting temperature dates....... I've lived in the same local for all of my 59 years, so I have recollections of unusually hot or cold months. I'm wondering what you see from this historical data
Looking at the hot or cold records, I see a lot of 1930's or 1940s. Not the year after year recent records like we are led to believe by the doomsayers.
I'm just curious if you see global warming in "your neck of the woods", or if you see relatively totally random years of "record" hot or cold records like I see here on the Oregon coast. I see random, not progressive and recent warm and cold data. What do you see if you look at your own local?
Random years of high or low temps, or a slow predictable an gradual rise in the last 20 or 30 years?
I see random all over the place as far as "records"
http://www.intellicast.com/Local/History.aspx?location=USOR0072

Last edited:
I checked every month since 200.......... call this 16 years or 5840 days
14 of those days were record high temperatures .002397 %
13 days during this same 5840 days were record low temperatures which comes to .00531%
Is global warming and record level temperatures an issue? In the past 8 years (coincidence? :D) They make it sound like every year is a new world record high global temperature, but for me, in the past 16 years there has been virtually the same number of record highs and record lows.
14 days of record highs and 13 days of record lows over a time period of 5840 days doesn't seem to alarm me all that much.
I like the idea that NASA may soon be out of the doom and gloom weather business and that the weather forecasts can go back into the hands of scientists and meteorologists and no longer controlled by politicians.

freezing

freezing.jpg

Wasn't it Hi who said ,

I know the voices in my head aren't real..... but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome!

Wasn't it Hi who said ,

I know the voices in my head aren't real..... but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome!

That, and I do whatever the Rice Crispies tell me to do. Their advice is usually awesome too. We're a great team. ;)

I was trying to recall some record setting temperature dates....... I've lived in the same local for all of my 59 years, so I have recollections of unusually hot or cold months. I'm wondering what you see from this historical data
Looking at the hot or cold records, I see a lot of 1930's or 1940s. Not the year after year recent records like we are led to believe by the doomsayers.
I'm just curious if you see global warming in "your neck of the woods", or if you see relatively totally random years of "record" hot or cold records like I see here on the Oregon coast. I see random, not progressive and recent warm and cold data. What do you see if you look at your own local?
Random years of high or low temps, or a slow predictable an gradual rise in the last 20 or 30 years?

What about drought? What about not record temps but increasingly higher temps?

Recall the dust bowl? How about the droughts of the 1970's? where did they go? Last year and this year are wetter by far than I'd like. Can I count these? No, that would be cherry picking now, wouldn't it? Nobody like cherry picking, not even Mr. Mann.. Hockey anyone? :D

I did a speech on global warming last year in college. Several NASA scientists think it is a normal Earth cycle. One scientist even talked about getting offered money to change to the other side. Lots of money in the carbon tax for people like Al Gore.

He's doing well. He doesn't have to change his lifestyle, just toss in a few bucks for carbon offsets and he does whatever he wants to.

What about drought? What about not record temps but increasingly higher temps?
When cherry picking data, be sure to leave Oregon out of the chart. :D
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/pqr/climate/SLEtemp.txt

Not easy to digest at first. because it's not in a graph form. Months are the second column past the year.
1928 to 1915 shows totally random monthly highs in September (code 9TX ) averaging 75 to 79 degrees. 77 seems about average with occasional 80's from 1928 till present. No gradual pattern of increasing temperatures whatsoever.

Last edited:

It's about averages High not just record highs and lows. You cannot deny pollution is harming our environment. Add in the average temps of the oceans and you see change for the worst. Like Our new President elect. :machine gun:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...al-as-winter-descends/?utm_term=.eaed9fdebf42

It's about averages High not just record highs and lows. You cannot deny pollution is harming our environment. Add in the average temps of the oceans and you see change for the worst. Like Our new President elect. :machine gun:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...al-as-winter-descends/?utm_term=.eaed9fdebf42
When you mix the words pollution, environment, "harming" and global warming it makes as much sense as global warming causes global cooling.
...that mix of words makes it impossible to deny global warming is caused by pollution because now, it's all the same thing. It's trap. (a trap using "feelings" instead of data)
Pollution is when I drain my oil into the slough, or pour it into my burn barrel. Pour oil into a burn barrel is wasteful, pretty messy and inefficient. Make that oil into petro and pour in into your 68 Camaro and it's probably 50 times less a 'pollutant'. Put that same refined oil into your hybrid Prius and it's probably 250 or 500 times less of a pollutant. Not an issue.......... we're getting more efficient.;)
Global warming is something has been occurring since the last ice age.............. which I assume we all don't want to go back to.
We all want a flawlessly stable earthly environment............... when it doesn't progress as we want it to be, we blame ourselves (mankind) as the cause. I just blame stuff on my brother............. same intelligence level as the IPCC.
How come nobody EVER mentions any benefits of global warming? I guess there's no money in global cooling or global "no big issue" occurring.
Are slightly warmer/longer summer and fall growing periods for food a bad thing Even a few days would be beneficial on a global scale.
Global warming alarmists make a little bit of warming to be a bad thing? ...how about warmer winters by a degree or two reducing the need for electrical generation by them dirty old coal companies??? ...........answer me that. :D 2 sides to the coin.
Ya want to freeze to death or cook................ I betting the Dems extremism would cause them to guess totally wrong and instead of dropping 2 degrees with their math and wild ideas, (not really possible, just enjoying the insanity) we'd end up at -16, totally screwing the earth balance and ending human existence on earth.
......probably what they really want anyway. :D
(I'm totally joking about the Dem's make believe thermostat. They actually believe they can control or regulate the earths temperature) Nuts................. just nuts.
......arrggh.. NUTS are the people that believe we can determine or modify the entire earths temperature! How many BTUs doers it take to boil a gallon of water 1 degree?
How many BTUs does it take to raise the ocean's temperature 1 degree?
(If this seems too easy, but google the volume of the earths oceans and convert it to gallons. It will soon become evident that modifying the oceans temperature is so ridiculously far beyond our ability it's just silly. Is it possible to raise, or lower the entire earths temperature one entire degree?.................... ummmmmmmmmmm, No! Earth does what it does.

Last edited:
Acid rain, mega tornadoes and more of them, same with hurricanes, algae bloom, smog so thick in china you cant see a block away - that floats this way, damage to the ozone layer, melting ice sheets and glaciers etc etc.

Is it just the earth? Are we getting closer to the sun for it to effect global warming or is the earths tilt changing? :camping:

Here's the IPCC graph with their predictions. How come Highup's line looks so much closer to the actual trend?
All of their doomsday graphs show sharp upswings that are way off from the actual pattern. My estimate shown in green is about 6 inches by 2100.
How come the NOAA graph looks dead on consistent from 1880 until current but IPCC shows an explainable American Ninja Warp Wall? :D It would be more funny if people weren't so gullible.

IPCC Very likely graph with highup.jpg

NOAA graph.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back