Cleaning Hardwood

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khq0660

I have a dumb question. For a long time, I've been using a Bona micro fiber pad that has been slightly dampened with water and wrung out, and periodically rinsed in water and wrung out, along with the Bona spray, to clean my floor. Looking at the specs of my floor, it says to use no water to clean the floor. Does this mean that I shouldn't even dampen and wring out or rinse and wring out the micro fiber pad in water? Thanks.

Welcome.jpg

Yes , Make sure the pad is dry ..

So when it becomes soiled, I should switch to a new micro fiber pad instead of rinsing and wring it out? thanks.

I have 4 pads, but that isn't enough to get the whole downstairs clean at the same time. I'll have to buy more. Stopping to launder them all after cleaning each room would be time prohibitive. The pets and I all track in awful stuff and the pads either need to be rinsed or replaced a few times per room. Interesting, but when I first got the wood floor a few years back, I emailed Bona and asked them this specific question and they told me that I could just rinse in water and wring well before resuming. I wonder if a few years of cleaning with a damp pad has dulled the finish on the floor.

I'm learning a lot with the two threads I just started here. I always worried about the moisture when using a damp pad on the floor, but I never thought about all of the lime that is in the water here being a problem on the floor until you just said that. Thanks!

The common and simple way to keep the hardwood floor clean is to clean with the vacuum cleaner for the removal of the dirt, lint, and other sticky materials from the surface of the floors.

I have 4 pads, but that isn't enough to get the whole downstairs clean at the same time. I'll have to buy more. Stopping to launder them all after cleaning each room would be time prohibitive. The pets and I all track in awful stuff and the pads either need to be rinsed or replaced a few times per room. Interesting, but when I first got the wood floor a few years back, I emailed Bona and asked them this specific question and they told me that I could just rinse in water and wring well before resuming. I wonder if a few years of cleaning with a damp pad has dulled the finish on the floor.
If u simply squirt a microfiber pad 2-4 time with enough water just to slightly dampen it, it will not dull your floors. If it's so wet that you're actually "wringing" it out then it too wet. What WILL dull your floors is the use of Bona products. Over time it leaves behind a microscopic amount of gunk and over time it is visible. If u use too much of the Bona crap it does this dulling effect immediately! If your floors have a high gloss poly type finish u should NOT use Bona as it has wax in it even though they claim it doesn't

Latest posts

Back