cleat nailer

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAjwoody

Professional
Pro
I am looking for an 18ga cleat nailer for a 1/2" engineered wood job I have coming up. We have been using a trigger fired stapler for the wood jobs we have had lately but I feel better about cleats, personally. I was all set to just order a trigger fired nailer but found a mallet fired one that is pretty compact. Havent used my m3 stapler in several years but i am getting back into residential work and plan to do more wood moving forward. Most everything we have nailed down has been 1/2" but i want to be set up for 3/8 to 3/4. is there an reason why i should go for the mallet vs trigger fired nailer? whats the benefits and drawbacks of both? Price is not a factor for this purchase, as long as its justifiable. Appreciate the insight

What you should do is buy a primatech 18 gauge cleat nailer and then wonder forever how you ever lived without it.
You will thank yourself when you do.

Mallet fired still has that draw in too that the trigger guns just never will.

The Primatech 250 combo is awsome!
It shoots 18 gauge cleats and staples.
I have 3 Primatech guns. I agree with Mark, you won’t regret it. Also you can stand up instead of crawling around on your knees , with the trigger gun.
D151C5F4-57AE-4F3F-83AC-02B210634B21.png
5B95F5D1-24FC-4DD8-8A51-7576CAE28B3D.png

Thats the one i am looking at. Guess that settles it. Thanks!
I've read in flooring forms the disagreement between cleats and staples. Some guys swear by staples, some guys swears by cleats.

With this gun you can alternate between every fastener.
Staple cleat, staple cleat, staple cleat. 😁

Latest posts

Back