Coincidence or Not

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
The other day when I was on my way to do an Allure inspection, I get a call from an irate Lumber Liquidators consumer who got a hired gun inspection. The claim was cupping and peaked seams. The "certified inspector, also NWFA said the peaked seams could possibly be installation related. ??? Yup, thats all he said.

Lumber Liquidators told him he could get his own inspection performed but at his cost. He has a 12 month no problemo installation guarantee. :rolleyes:

I told him unless he was willing to go to court, forget it.

Two days later I am installing some Nirvana LL laminate.:eek: ha ha

Today I finished up a Wellmade stranded click sold at Costco. Told the customer to get a humidifier, he did. After the job I run by where....Costco to pick up some stuff. While I am there I get a call from a well known owner of a plumbing company here. His mom just had her Wellmade stranded installed 4 months ago and is has shrunk about the thickness of two credit cards.

They had an inspection done, same inspector and the claims dept at Wellmade was laughing at his mom, basically saying tough luck, rh to low. The plumber dude found this thread about another Wellmade product one of my clients had a similar issue with low rh, since discontinued at Costco.See down thread where the GM chimed in after his tech guy made a mis-statement about the underlayment, then I laid the low rh on the line to them with pictures. But see where the GM says they back all their products....uh huh, sure ya do. Oh yea, only if it is manufacturing. Splitting and shrinking is not manufacturing.

http://www.hardwoodflooringtalk.com...bamboo-sanity-check-t8670.html?hilit=Wellmade

I tell all my clients to get a humidifier, it's even on the invoice they sign off on.

Last edited:
Wellmades installation guide says to keep the rh between 40%-50%. Thats insane. You can do 30 to 35% out here but 40% all year round. Ha ha, thats how they rip people off.

Latest posts

Back