Contractor texted and asked me if these are "normal" touch up issues.

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe dude needs some glasses. I had a helper that thought his work looked acceptable when it didn’t. I also thought he was just dumb and couldn’t read a tape. Turns out he just needed a pair of glasses.

I literally have a helper right now with that issue.
I really don't bust his balls too much about it though. Just give him tasks that suits his situation.

Thing is he's one of the best help I've ever had. He's retired navy so I go easy on him because he doesn't need this job and can tell me to piss off any time. Just works to keep busy and have extra pocket jingle.

But he's reliable, good work ethic, follows directions, and doesn't complain. Keeps me moving forward and cleans up behind me, touch up, cove base, transitions..... Just can't drive and do the fussy work.

I literally have a helper right now with that issue.
I really don't bust his balls too much about it though. Just give him tasks that suits his situation.

Thing is he's one of the best help I've ever had. He's retired navy so I go easy on him because he doesn't need this job and can tell me to piss off any time. Just works to keep busy and have extra pocket jingle.

But he's reliable, good work ethic, follows directions, and doesn't complain. Keeps me moving forward and cleans up behind me, touch up, cove base, transitions..... Just can't drive and do the fussy work.

If the help is good enough I’ll invest in them. I bought the kid a pair of ProKnees for $250+, why not pay for him to go to America’s Best. It can only improve things.

If your face cutting to base, at least use a hook blade so you only cut the carpet.
I just turned the trick that I'm never going to use. 😁 That said it's obviously better than what this guy did.
I might end up going down to finish the last two rooms because....
..... because, Somebody has to. If I do,
I'm going to use a trimmer.

Latest posts

Back