Cool customer

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Monfils

Professional
Pro
EADB7121-F36F-4E4E-A9A4-434635D8DC6C.jpeg
last weekend I did a solid hardwood job on
the second floor of a home. It was freezing outside
( not to mention 100’s trips up and down the steps) so the customer said I could cut in the room. I hooked my vac up to the saw to minimize the dust. The customer saw me struggling to find the vac power switch with my foot for each cut.
The next day he dropped off this foot switch for me. It’s light duty, but seems to be fine for the vac.
He put a different female plus on one end.
I used it today, it works excellent

Last edited:
I like that one Ern. It has 2 plugs for using different circuits. I connect my shop vac to my Edger sander. Together they can blow a circuit so I never plug them into outlets in the same room.
  • 2640 TOTAL WATTS two input power cords permit operation from two separately protected circuits.
  • TURN ON DELAY avoids the two power surges occurring at the same time.
  • TURN OFF DELAY ensures that your work area continues to be cleared of remaining airborne debris.
  • Modes of operation: Auto, Off and On. Dust Collector / Shop Vacuum up to 1HP or 5 Peak HP.

I have a cheaper one for my table saw and old shop vac for those kinda people who don't appreciate saw dust in their yard.

It’s been a few years since you posted this. How do you like the switch? Do you actually use it on a regular basis or was it just neat for that occasion. I used to use the ISocket for my table saw and dust collector but it isn’t worth much when it comes to cordless tools and occasionally I pop breakers with that much load on one circuit. I picked up a foot switch a couple weeks ago and love it. For heavier amp draw tools like my planer I can plug the vac/ collector into one socket and the tool itself into another socket on another breaker. No more poppin breakers.

E5C9B8EA-5D21-4008-A568-A72DD3A87DD0.jpeg

Yes, I still use it quite often.
I would like to get one that is a more heavy duty.
I’ve never seen any for switches like this in any of the big box stores.
I never really think about it ...until I go to use it🙄

Those thingys are nice. I still like my auto box and to date the only thing I have that will blow a breaker running alongside my vac is my grinder but what the hell do i need an auto on for the grinder for, its just gonna suck as long as I need. For my saws i never seem to run into any trouble.

I have a switch that I got off of Amazon for $30 that works great. Saw turns on and vacuum goes on. Saw off, vacuum off. Really nice even in garages to keep dust down and less dust getting tracked inside

Latest posts

Back