Coretec Plus response to Miter saw and jig saw blades

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimalbert7

I will be using Coretec Plus 12" x 24" tiles for all the wet areas. For cutting, I will be using a Miter saw and the coveted Bosch jigsaw (I will also have a circular saw available if needed).

I spoke with US Floors about making finer cuts around a dishwasher panel and non-straight cuts around toilets. On their site their installation advice is to use a carbide blade---that's it. No preferred tool, no tooth size recommendation for the blade, & no info. on making fine or non-straight cuts. In speaking to someone from their technical dept. today about fine & non-straight cuts around toilets they said to go with a jigsaw and a carbide blade with small teeth.

For those who've used Miter Saws:
1. What tooth type did you get for your carbide blade?
2. How did the Coretec Plus respond to the cutting?
3. Did you turn the material upside down to cut it? If not, did the top chip at all when you cut it?

For those who used Jig saws for the fine and non-straight cuts:
1. What tooth type did you get for the jig-saw blade?
2. How did the Coretec Plus respond to the cutting motion of the jig-saw?
3. Did you turn the material upside down to cut it? If not, did the top chip at all when you cut it?

I started out using my shear for straight cuts but ,I try to score and snap with a sharp utility knife when I can ( try it you'll like it) . I can score a 6' length in just a few seconds.

For irregular cuts I use my jig saw. These are the best blades I have found View attachment ImageUploadedByFlooring Forum1474417133.280435.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByFlooring Forum1474417156.089714.jpg
They last quite a while.

I use these blades for laminate and underlaymentView attachment ImageUploadedByFlooring Forum1474417233.696170.jpg but, they wear down real quick with the core-tec material.

I am about to begin this same project. The tiles I have are only about 24" x 30", roughly. I am put off by the size of these tiles. I plan on using a table saw and jigsaw, thanks for the blade references, Don. I believe I have a different product than you did. I do not see how one could score and snap these boards.

Back to the unanswered question, how many teeth carbide blade would anyone suggest?

52686536-A706-43A1-B15B-7BAD6778DCF4.jpeg

This is what I use on my 10” table saw.
The 7 1/4” blade works great , and they are way cheaper than a 10” blade. They are $20 for a 2 pack at Home Depot.
The biggest core-tec tiles I have installed are 18”x24”.

I use the skilsaw flooring saw for crosscut. I wear one out every three years or so. I just hope they keep making them.
I hook it up to a shop vac and activation switch. When the saw turns on the switch activates the vacuum.

I use the skilsaw flooring saw for crosscut. I wear one out every three years or so. I just hope they keep making them.
I hook it up to a shop vac and activation switch. When the saw turns on the switch activates the vacuum.

That’s what I’m talkin about. I’ve got my jigsaw hooked up to a HEPA vac. It’s a game changer.

Latest posts

Back