Coretec questions

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

staunchman

Hi all,

I will be installing about 1800 sq/ft of Coretec Plus in my new house and I was wondering about a couple of things.

First, what's the easiest way to cut the stuff? Along with the usual straight cuts, I'll be doing lots of cuts at different angles. Does this flooring respond to the "score and snap" method? What about one of those scissor type cutters that you can also use to make lengthwise cuts? Or will I be better off to just use a chop saw for everything?

Second, this house has tile throughout but carpet in the bedrooms. I was hoping to avoid using any transitions if possible, and just run the flooring right into the bedrooms. What's the best type of material/technique for bringing the slab in the bedrooms up to the level of the tile so I can get a seamless transition?

Thank you for any assistance with this!

I use an old vct cutter for the end cuts and a table saw with an old blade for rips. It will snap if you break it over your knees but that gets old.

So, would plain old plywood stuck down with liquid nails be a good enough subfloor to bring things up to the level of the rest of the floor?

I've loose laid strips of cement backer board down and plywood on top of plastic - what ever meets the height of the tile. You dont want to trap the wood under any vapor retarder over concrete. You could full spread the strips of plywood with a really good all in one wood flooring adhesive like Stauf has.

Latest posts

Back