Coretec versus skylight

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
Coretec was installed in t rooms, bot having sky lights.
One buckled. The installer replaced the material and was given some adhesive to replace the floor. At some point, maybe during inspection of the of the original flooring, the floor temperature was about 140 degrees.
OK, so the new floor was glued this time and the end joints are gapping. The adhesive used I think, was called Ironwood wood flooring adhesive.
Whose to blame on this second round? Installer used the adhesive that the flooring shop gave to him for the job.

What if is a correct glue? If it was just between him and the customer, I'd agree. The job failed the second time after the shop gave him that adhesive. Why would a sub working for a shop under these circumstances question the shop? They said re-do the job and here is the adhesive............... go do it.
If it was me, I wouldn't subject Coretec to that sunlight a second time if it was that intense. I would have walked.

I think this is the stuff. Looks OK to me. If during the inspection of the first floating installation, someone recorded 140 degrees surface temperature ...was that the hottest it ever got? How many days in a row can Coretec handle that amount of heat for a few hours? ...or maybe a tiny bit more heat?
I'm sure there are only a couple months , maybe three when the sun shines on that area so directly/ intensely .
Is gluing the correct fix? .........or a shade, or another product?
I have not seen the job site, but I have seen a couple photos of the end joint gaps.
http://tayloradhesives.com/products/ironwood/

Types
  • Engineered and solid hardwood
  • Bamboo
  • Dry-back parquet
  • Cork flooring
  • Cork underlayment
  • Cork-backed hard surface
  • Acrylic impregnated plank

I'd like to see that skylight. I have a skylight in a few rooms of my house and the top is opaque with another lower layer of plastic that diffuses the light. The floors underneath never get near 80F
Coretec says" When gluing floor, use only USFloors recommended multipurpose adhesive over manufacturer's recommended substrate."

I'll have the installer check with a Coretec rep on Monday. If it got to 140 degrees, there certainly wasn't a diffuser. Only diffusers I've ever seen are on Solar tube lighting systems. Anywhere close to 140 seems way to hot even if it's glued. In the summer, the concrete pavers on my deck reach that temperature on a sunny day That's too hot to stand on.

Latest posts

Back