Cost of #7 padding

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is an old one Nick, but it's around $4.25 for 7/16 8lb pad here. That's like 1980's prices. I couldn't buy 4lb pad that cheap.
On on another note, I don't like 1/2 inch pad after being around 7/16 for so long.

That can't be from a Dist Hi .. I like the 7/16 to .. 9/16 was always a little higher then the strip..

From a retailer. Funny it's just a 16th, but I can tell by standing on the carpet which is under it.
7/16 looks better if you double strip a room.

Never had that problem .. Maybe it is because i use Commercial strip.. Almost double wide with the narrow strip they are pushing out today..

Never had that problem .. Maybe it is because i use Commercial strip.. Almost double wide with the narrow strip they are pushing out today..
I use the 1" extra-wide Powerhold strip and sometimes the skinny stuff when I double strip a room. Nobody stocks that 1 1/2 inch strip or the commercial 2" stuff. The 2" stuff, last I saw some, was well under 1/4 inch thick Looked like crap.

I'm like Rusty but the Carpet One warehouse guy always keeps the good stuff stocked up. They usually have 1x1 Powerhold wood strip and 1" wide and narrow concrete. Nobody here carries commercial wide or 1 1/2 inch strip. We have three flooring shops in the area.

I'm like Rusty but the Carpet One warehouse guy always keeps the good stuff stocked up. They usually have 1x1 Powerhold wood strip and 1" wide and narrow concrete. Nobody here carries commercial wide or 1 1/2 inch strip. We have three flooring shops in the area.
We only have one flooring store left and the lumberyard. The store jacks up the price of supplies to me because I compete with them. And the lumberyard only sells crap.

Maaaaybe 5% of the calls I get these days are carpet related, and 90% of the time I'm ripping out carpet to put in solid surface or resilient. Still can't find a recycler for the carpet or pad.

Latest posts

Back