Costco Click Bamboo

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Anyone here install this yet? I've done a few. This one went south, told the consumer to get a humidifier but two weeks later this happened. They have other bamboo in the house that has not delaminated and was DIY'd. The only problem with that one is large gaps between the planks.

Wellmade bamboo delam 005.JPG

Wellmade bamboo delam 007.JPG

Wellmade bamboo delam 010.JPG

Wellmade bamboo delam 013.JPG

Got a long distance call yesterday from a DIY'er who installed this same stuff and is having the same problem. Not sure what state they are in. Have not called her back. But there is a long thread about it over at Hardwoodfloortalk where the CEO came on and said they were working on it. I guess thats where she saw it when she goggled it. Kens forum is really strong in that respect.

Going to try and stay away from installing this stuff. But I have to say the Harmonics laminate at Costco is superb. It's basically Quickstep and used to have Made by Mohawk on the boxes.

In a situation like this were the product is at fault and not the install, how did the consumer take it. Did they still find some fault with you?

Not at all. I told them when I was there to measure they needed to get a humidifier because they asked me why the existing floor was gapped and I took a few readings. Of course it was bone dry, that was winter.

I plucked a few bad planks in that picture since and ran it into the closets like I told her we should do originally.

I think I should set up an answer website and charge for all these long distance calls I get from Kens website. :D

It works well here, where our average MC is around 9%

I have seen that in a home, during the winter, here.

The rH was in the teens inside. I showed them their cabinets and all the wood trim in the home had shrunk.

as cheap as they are now making any of the click stuff to bring down the ,we as installer beter make sure everything is right before we install it.

I've gotten no less than four emails on this product, from other consumers around the states having similar problems. I did an expose on this same thing on Ken's site. That baby gets around.

Also had it out with the tech rep and the CEO even. Their answer is they are working on it.

Latest posts

Back