Covid 19

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
Thought maybe put our comments here if it's worthy of serious virus chatter instead of chatter and boredom from staying home and counting all 1267 paneling nails in the house or 1693 pieces of bird seed the birds didn't eat.

We have been told that we don't need masks unless we are a doctor or actually have the virus.
Listening to Rush this morning, I am sort of agreeing with him about letting our economy tank while we sit on our asses.
He said Japan is operating sort of normal.... people wear masks and continue working.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2020...-japan-shows-masks-help-slow-spread-covid-19/Has our government lied to us? Maybe they did because of the mask shortage and because in this shortage, obviously the doctors need masks more than John and Jane Doe. Maybe after the mask shortage is over people can go back to work..... like in Japan.
Be a good time to invest money in mask companies. I bet there will be more mask usage in the US for many years to come.
Why continue to let the economy tank?

I guess I always thought it strange when I have seen local Japanese Americans or 'orientals' wearing masks. Maybe their culture has something that we are missing... at least during flu season.

They have been wearing masks here for years
Coming back from Australia recently, before this virus thing really blew up, we flew into two different airports and it was only the Asians wearing masks. Even the airport staff and custom officers were not wearing them
Its only us locals who dont wear them

I guess I always thought it strange when I have seen local Japanese Americans or 'orientals' wearing masks. Maybe their culture has something that we are missing... at least during flu season.
The Japanese wear a mask if they have a cold. They think it is the polite thing to do.

Our shutdown was made statewide this afternoon, not in effect until Monday. Does not do much. Grocery stores, pharmacies, fast food, auto repair, laundries, etc. are exempt. Anything considered essential.
Think I will pick up some wood tomorrow and work in my shop to keep from going nuts. Although, it might be too late.

Our shutdown was made statewide this afternoon, not in effect until Monday. Does not do much. Grocery stores, pharmacies, fast food, auto repair, laundries, etc. are exempt. Anything considered essential.
Think I will pick up some wood tomorrow and work in my shop to keep from going nuts. Although, it might be too late.
Too late, we already know you. 😁

You have about the same thing we have.
Today the fella I'm working for said :
Heads up, pizza will be here in about 15 minutes.
He ordered 5 large Domino's pizzas for the workers. Me and 6 or 7 others. If I die..... the pizza was really good. :party:

...he ordered way too much. Must have had 1/2 left over.
His wife makes gormet cookies..... and the are delicious x2.
Actually she has a tiny professional bakery at the house, doing only contract work. I am thinking specialty breads and bakery goodies. I think maybe for the local high end resturaunts that want fresh stuff.
Super duper nice people.
I mean, who buys 5 pizzas for people doing construction work at their place. Dang, that's like $18 a pop. He was concerned about not buying some Corona...... If he did, work would have slowed down a wee bit. 😁😁😁

Last edited:
Oregon has 36 counties. 10 of them have no positive cases of corona virus. Lucky I am in one of those. Maybe it's the salt air?
Budweiser virus is a totally different thing. That and Jack are rampant.

Looks like you carry one as normal unlike here. Not much open at all
I want a Big Mac or KFC :)
Pretty much, resturaunts including McD's Burger King etc only have drive through a open. Except for grocery and gas stations, hardware stores and lumber yards, it looks like a ghost town.

Latest posts

Back