Covid 19

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a friend from Guatemala who did it the right way. He has a green card and is saving money for citizenship. I had no idea that was several thousand dollars.

For the majority of arguments about illegal immigration, the real argument is not about whether they are illegal and more about the fact that they look and speak differently than the white American. Americans have a long history of prejudice against people of color going back to the start of this nation. We hired Chinese and Mexican workers to build our railroads, our highways, Hoover Dam. Did we offer our thanks? No. We segregated them or sent them back to their home country. Italians fought alongside allies in WWI and were given citizenship. Why? Because they were white. Just saying. Let’s look in the mirror. What if we were in their shoes?
We must be reminded back in those days we had white and colored bathrooms. Blacks couldn't ride the bus with white people. This isn't then this is now.
Nobody in this day and age would think what happened back then was good.

I have a friend from Guatemala who did it the right way. He has a green card and is saving money for citizenship. I had no idea that was several thousand dollars.
Don't people pay coyotes 3 to $5,000 to get to this country and then once here the family back home has to pay another $3 to 5,000. To get them to their final destination?

I’m not happy of course with this crazy roller coaster we are on. You can’t plan things if you don’t know what the near future will be.
As of tonight, I'm alive......
...tomorrow is another day. I might get covid version II, I might get hit by a car and being late in the summer, I might get hit by lightning. Life has a way of evolving and we don't always have control over it. We just have to do the best we can.
This one is new to me. I hope I don't fall down the stairs just for trying something new. I kind of like my neck. 😁

Attachments

• PXL_20210801_042426515.jpg
    PXL_20210801_042426515.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 23
As of tonight, I'm alive......
...tomorrow is another day. I might get covid version II, I might get hit by a car and being late in the summer, I might get hit by lightning. Life has a way of evolving and we don't always have control over it. We just have to do the best we can.
This one is new to me. I hope I don't fall down the stairs just for trying something new. I kind of like my neck. 😁
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery… Today I tip a toast to you, sir.

A6C80CA7-8329-452E-AC07-8BF69B2553E6.jpeg

Back at ya!
....... I think that new beer was too much for me, because it still looks like daylight in your picture. I know it's dark right now, so it must be the beer.
Maybe I'll go out and try one of the other beers then come back to see it's really a night time photo and the beer was messing with me.

I would never want to work with you.
I'd get twice as much done as I planned on and I'd have to quit before noon and you'd get one quarter amount of the work done you had planned on working till 6:00. 😁

Working till 6??? I better be making some big bucks. I don’t even want to work anymore but I can’t sit at home and do nothing for more than a couple days. So I work but I look at it as if I’m getting paid to play with my tools.

Before I got sick, I was going to do carpet repairs and restretches only. with the hacks around here, I could have stayed busy. I am the only installer to ever have a license here, and the only certified one of any kind. No one carried any insurance but me either, (I was certified by Armstrong on carpet and vinyl many years ago.) At one time, all the stores in the area hired me to fix their installations.
When I first moved back to my hometown, I worked full time for one store for several months just doing repairs of stuff their installer had screwed up.
I am also the only one here that would do wovens. No one else here would ever bother to match the pattern on berber either
One long time house flipper asked me what I was doing. When I told him I was matching the pattern, his response was, "I didn't know you could do that".

We know the jab doesn’t prevent you from getting or spreading COVID but I want to know how well the jab actually works. Of those people infected, and that had the jab, I would imagine they had less severe symptoms? Those are the details I want to know. Everything else in that article we already know.

Latest posts

Back