Covid 19

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NOOOO!
I better stock up

I haven’t worked in 2 weeks.
I have some projects I would would like to do around the house but I don’t have any extra cash for materials.

NOOOO!
I better stock up

I haven’t worked in 2 weeks.
I have some projects I would would like to do around the house but I don’t have any extra cash for materials.
Thought that would get your attention. 😁
I thought you'd be the last guy to run out of work.
Have you been shut down?
You live in a scary part of the world right now.

The best material you can use to make a mask is a vacuum cleaner bag. 95% as effective as a surgical mask.
Hmm..... better buy some before they get hoarded. Sounds reasonable. Maybe see the material between two layers of cotton flannel like batting when quilting.
....... I don't sew.

On March 26, The Daily Wire published an article centering on the Obama administration’s role in using and allegedly failing to replenish the federal stockpile of N95 masks.

The article draws from the reporting of outlets including Bloomberg News and the Los Angeles Times. According to Bloomberg News, “after the H1N1 influenza outbreak in 2009, which triggered a nationwide shortage of masks and caused a 2- to 3-year backlog orders for the N95 variety, the stockpile distributed about three-quarters of its inventory and didn’t build back the supply.”

Established in 1999 to prepare the country for threats like pandemics, natural disasters and acts of bioterrorism, the United States has used and maintained its Strategic National Stockpile of medical supplies during times of acute crisis in the health care system.

Obama should have done the restocking of the masks, but since he didn't, the Trump administration should have.
That said, hindsight is always 20/20. I don't think any of us would have ever envisioned what is happening right now.
It's just going to be a nasty learning experience for better planning in the future.

Hmm..... better buy some before they get hoarded. Sounds reasonable. Maybe see the material between two layers of cotton flannel like batting when quilting.
....... I don't sew.

Here only the head of the household is only allowed to go shopping so we sent out our cat. We know our place in this house :)

Attachments

• HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD.jpg
    HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 36
Thats what happens when you get a real lock down
nobody going to work
I couldn't deal with no money and no food. I keep at least the 6' distance, and for the past few weeks have kept a bottle of alcohol in the truck. I put some on a paper towel and wipe my hands when I get back into my truck. I have probably averaged at least 3 or 4 stops at stores per day plus a job site. Today it was 5. Our county still has no cases. We're about 60,000 strong.
If we get just one I'll do some strategerizing.

Last edited:
With the media scaring everyone to death and doctors told to list Coronavirus as the cause of death in all cases where someone tests positive with it. (even tho they died from a heart attack and simply tested positive)..... Here's a glimmer of hope in the number game.
Tucker: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19?

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6149446823001/
I'm not implying this stuff isn't deadly and spread easily... but the video asks things the mainstream media doesn't address.

Thinking about this

Should all the people in the houses we go to have to be tested as well to cover anybody working there?
Probably more dangerous for trades to enter as "the people in the house" are an unknown where as the trades would be known to the shops to be safe

Just throwing it out there

Think its time for me to give up flooring
Going to be tooooo hard to make a dollar unless someone wants to sell the house to pay for all the extra time its going to cost
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/12...pt-new-safety-measures-to-stop-covid19-spread
The trick is how are they going to enforce the one person per room idea. There's going to have to be a literal police force watching all day at every work site.
Also if all workers have to be tested will they have to be tested every day, or once a month?
And just to throw in one more thing, have there been any documented cases of a worker in a home transmitting the virus to a homeowner or vice versa?

Latest posts

Back