Covid 19

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most flooring shops here only have contractors and I think there is another couple of weeks the layers would be getting the Govt payout of about NZ$550 a week
Wage guys may be. One is going to spend more time going through all the conditions than laying floors for a yardage rate
I can see a lot of jobs being done "privately"
I will not be going to any job with those conditions

Last edited:
Just been on the news the lock down stays much the same but lifted a little like being able to get stock ready for later next week when the lock down is going to be lifted a little more
No work to be until next week

The logic is open up the businesses (economy) based on location and risk. ...not like opening the entire countries like a light switch.
In my county of 60, 000 plus people....? ...we have just one reported case. So it's just stupid for a lockdown. Most business can easily distance workers and have everyone wear them.
...a couple hand sanitizer stations placed here and there and you are good to go. Why the insanity...... Unless you live in a city with really high rates of transmission like NY city or NJ, why the economic destruction?

There were 9 new cases today, confirmed and probable 1440 recovered 974 hospitalized 14 deaths 9 with 16 clusters over the whole of NZ Total pop about 5 million with just over one million at Auckland were I live

You can see here the idiocy of shutting down the entire US economy.
The virus is heavily concentrated in just a few counties.
I am betting most states look about the same.

No deaths are good. To date, I have not seen one mention of deaths from the common flu.
I'm betting those 30 to 60 thousand aren't important to the news media.

What will they live on if they don't work?

Floorist I just got this from a friend who is getting another house built, investment property,
I can see this happening a lot as these new rules will not help anyone as nobody will want to pay the extra labour costs
Pretty draconian!!!!! I was sent the info from the Plumbers organisation. Forwarded on to our builder. Only one person can use a drop saw unless it is sterilised between use! I’m going to suggest not to continue with our build until some efficiency can be re-instated. It’s like a prisoner being allowed out but we can’t find the key.

Somebody is going to accidentally knock over a bottle of alcohol, the house will burn to the ground and a firefighter will die.
Good going government.

Latest posts

Back