Covid 19

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the majority of arguments about illegal immigration, the real argument is not about whether they are illegal and more about the fact that they look and speak differently than the white American. Americans have a long history of prejudice against people of color going back to the start of this nation. We hired Chinese and Mexican workers to build our railroads, our highways, Hoover Dam. Did we offer our thanks? No. We segregated them or sent them back to their home country. Italians fought alongside allies in WWI and were given citizenship. Why? Because they were white. Just saying. Let’s look in the mirror. What if we were in their shoes?

For the majority of arguments about illegal immigration, the real argument is not about whether they are illegal and more about the fact that they look and speak differently than the white American. Americans have a long history of prejudice against people of color going back to the start of this nation. We hired Chinese and Mexican workers to build our railroads, our highways, Hoover Dam. Did we offer our thanks? No. We segregated them or sent them back to their home country. Italians fought alongside allies in WWI and were given citizenship. Why? Because they were white. Just saying. Let’s look in the mirror. What if we were in their shoes?
The biggest problem is undercutting Americans on labor. They will live 10-12 in one house and work for peanuts.

The biggest problem is undercutting Americans on labor. They will live 10-12 in one house and work for peanuts.
I know. But if you listen to the people complaining, it has nothing to do with whether they did everything right to earn a place in America. It just is because they look or sound different.

I know. But if you listen to the people complaining, it has nothing to do with whether they did everything right to earn a place in America. It just is because they look or sound different.
Some of those coming in are criminals and some are carrying diseases and yet we are testing none of them, and there is no way to do a background check.

Before there was COVID-19,what was the excuse? Prejudice is rampant in America. It’s not our best quality.
They need to come in the legal way. Even before the pandemic they were taxing the hospitals and social services. And many illegals drive without insurance because they can't legally get a license. I have a friend from Guatemala, but he came here legally and has a green card.

Now the border jumpers get free medical treatment, free housing and a monthly stipend. All the while, those of us who live on Social Security are losing money. Does any bleeding heart liberal honestly think this is ok?

But isn’t that what capitalism is all about. They are thriving and all we are doing is bitching about how somebody else is cleaning our clock. I don’t like being undercut just as much as you don’t but rather than bitch, because I did that for years and it gets you nowhere, I upped my game. Yes they can work cheaper than I am willing to but I offer more value for my work than they do so if you think about it they really aren’t my competition.

If you lost your job to a Mexican, you need to up your game! Simple as that.

They can't compete around here. But in the cities, the stores only care "get it on the floor", So there is less work for good installers.

Trust me, I know all about the shops that don’t give two shits about anything but price. F them. Up your game and rise above people that don’t care about anything but price. I had to move to get myself into a different market so I could finally make some money again. Bitching got me nowhere. Moving got me back in the black and I ain’t stoppin now. Now I’m in Phoenix. No shortage of brown people here but they aren’t my competition. There are still people out there that value quality and service and are willing to pay for it Go find them. I did.

This is all easier said than done but that doesn’t mean it isn’t doable. First thing I did was got my bills down to diddly squat. Now I can afford to sit around and wait for the paying jobs to come to me instead of having to suck some D for quarters because I have a ridiculous house payment, outrageous truck payment, 5 kids and a couple bad habits. Those are all choices people willingly, and one could argue foolishly, make because they want to LOOK like they are successful but in reality they are drowning in debt and can’t afford to say no to a shitty job because they need money so bad so they can keep up the appearance of what is really an irresponsible lifestyle. Been there, done that. Now I don’t give two flyin shits about what you think of me and what I look like. I live in Scottsdale and wear suspenders. Kinda look like I should be buckin some hay and I couldn’t care less. I also don’t have to work if I don’t want to and I won’t be homeless because of it. I will just eat out less and take fewer trips to neat places if that’s the choice I want to make.

Look at the sacrifices that Mexicans, and any other group of people coming to this country, have made. Look at the ridicule they take from us. Yet they are thriving and we aren’t. Can’t blame them. The opportunity is still there, we just don’t see it. Can’t blame them because we are blind so to speak.

Amen buddy, amen.
Couldn't have said that better myself. Everyone just wants to blame, blame, blame whe really they need to take a strong look in the mirror.
I love u man.

covid.jpg

Before there was COVID-19,what was the excuse? Prejudice is rampant in America. It’s not our best quality.
I think the prejudice thing is way overblown. I don't know anybody who has a problem with legal immigration. Legal immigration is the controlled flow of people coming into this country from other countries. If we don't control it and limit the number of people coming into this country at a rate that we need the people here, then why not just shut down the entire immigration facility and tear down all the barriers that have been built.
If we need to increase the number of people entering the country or speed up the process then that can be done. It's about entering the country legally or illegally not about skin color. All this speak of systemic racism is totally BS. The only reason that word is continually brought up is to make Republicans look like they're all white supremacists has nothing to do with racism. Yes, of course there are racists in this country.

Latest posts

Back