crain air lifter

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake

If you do hardwood or laminate and don't have one you are missing out!
It is spendy at 450.00 but well worth it. Bought it after my helper scratched some hardwood with the stove trying to move it onto the wood to continue the next row. Luckily it was an easy fix. Plus it's a lazy man's dream!

I've had mine for near 15 years and is still the best tool investment I've ever made. Especially for my back. I've moved oak, upright pianos by running two vinyl runners on carpet and longer hoses to split the pads father apart, across the room by myself with little effort. I love'm.

It is getting pretty worn out, though I do still have some duct tape.:D

I taped my framing square to a doorway to get a perfect cut .
Took 5 minutes to get the square off , and another 1/2 hr to get the residue off the wood . :D

I had an air lifter about 25 years ago when I did lots of vinyl for Sears, Color Tile and Standard Brands but blew the bladder out three times. Then I switched to masonite too. ;)

lips?--must be something they put on jersey fridges---i even have a neat trick for sheet vinyl when the fridge wont fit out the room

i put the fridge in a corner---the door must be left or right--the vinyl must be prepositioned--i usually line up with the cabinets---so now the vinyl is laid out with a lazy fold up to the fridge--on top of that goes my 2x4 masonite boards---two sets laid end to end is best so you can get past the fold---on top of the mase right next to the fridge go two peices of the thickest rug you got fuzzy side out--now lift the side of the fridge next to the rug --legs of fridge go on to the rug scraps---now the fun part--you need to tip the fridge while you shimmy across the masonite---if you drop the fridge you crush the floor---i know it sounds like a lot of work but if you ever had to to remove and replace fridge doors four times just to finish a job its actually a peice of cake--five minutes tops---that being said i still dont know what jersey fridge lips are

i put the fridge in a corner---the door must be left or right--the vinyl must be prepositioned--i usually line up with the cabinets---so now the vinyl is laid out with a lazy fold up to the fridge--on top of that goes my 2x4 masonite boards---two sets laid end to end is best so you can get past the fold---on top of the mase right next to the fridge go two peices of the thickest rug you got fuzzy side out--now lift the side of the fridge next to the rug --legs of fridge go on to the rug scraps---now the fun part--you need to tip the fridge while you shimmy across the masonite---if you drop the fridge you crush the floor---i know it sounds like a lot of work but if you ever had to to remove and replace fridge doors four times just to finish a job its actually a peice of cake--five minutes tops---that being said i still dont know what jersey fridge lips are

They look like chicken lips!!;)

Daris

Latest posts

Back